Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Title Video Effect Not Displaying Correct Title

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

atcmxPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Anyone else use the title feature to display the file info on a projector? VDJ8, at least on my machine, (HP I7, 500gb SSD, 12gb RAM, WIN 8.1 Update), titles do not sync with the playing deck. On v7, one video effect setting for both decks. 8 apparently tries to have a separate effect for each deck. Nice, if it is working.

Type in a "Text" on each deck and they switch back and forth nicely. But, the auto reading of the playing track on each deck gets stuck on one deck. Meaning, if you switch decks, the "Title" either does not change or it is reversed (displaying the title in the inactive deck).

Here is my response from the tech team:

Date: Sun 25 May 14 @ 4:57 am
Teamer: Haui70
It is reported but please also have a look into the plugin settings. maybe this one will help you to adjust it a littke bit better.

You also can join our VirtualDJ 8 Pro-Users Forum to discuss this with other users.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/75/VirtualDJ_8_Pro-Users_Forum.html

Kind regards

VirtualDJ Support Team
ATOMIX PRODUCTIONS

Going Back to 7, maybe even giving up on VDJ and use MIXXX.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:53 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the Title effect is designed to work on the Master. Apparently you had tried to use it on decks and of course it wont work correctly that way.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:59 am
Perhaps it needs renaming then, to 'master title' - or configure the effect so that it only shows under the master effects area, not the decks.

People shouldn't have to guess how to use it correctly. :-)

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 8:47 am
Acts the same on Master. It will only display the info for the latest song loaded in a deck (doesn't matter what deck). If you switch back to the opposite deck, it still displays the last song loaded. BTW... it is not just a Master effect. The other separate effects for multiple decks work fine. Just the titling isn't responded to changing decks.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 11:37 am
I would also suggest that you should try to duplicate an issue before commenting. You might be shocked by how little you know.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 11:42 am
It seems to work OK here (on the master).

I can load tracks in to whichever deck, then when I play the track, the title appears. Play the other deck, the title changes. Back and forth, no problems.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 12:16 pm
Thanks groove. Have you tried loading both decks and switching between the two without loading new songs in?

If I load a song into deck one, the title appears correctly. Load a song into deck two, hit play, fade into deck two, the title appears correctly. BUT, if I fade back to deck one, without loading a song, it gets stuck on deck two's info, no matter how many times I slide the fader between deck one and two. It doesn't seem to release until I stop both decks and load new files.

Also, the master function appears to just set the defaults for the individual deck effects. In any event, this annoyance is the same on two Intel I7 machines so far. No difference. Should be a simple call up and use, just like V7.

Thanks for the feedback.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 11:41 am
This plug in is not working correctly. Just as the op says. Please give it a little more attention.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 2:38 pm
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
The plugin is still defect. I am using an external mixer, that means i use only the video crossfader and not the audio one (it's always on the middle). When i'm listening to the next song the title is been showed in the screen althought the video crossfader (and also the sound from my external mixer) are not on the side of that channel. That means i can't monitor the next song without having the title showed.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 10:00 am
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
The right time to show the actual title of the song is only when the video crossfader is all the way on one side (i.e. when the right deck plays and i turn the video crossfader to left it must show the title (or start the counter) only when the crossfader is reached fully on the left side).
So it was by V.7

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 12:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)