Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: video issues - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

i'm using a win 7 64 bit i7 3x proc with 6 gig of ram ...... the video is via ATI 5870 which is an older graphics card

i can't get the video cube to remember settings ...... specifically the camera y orientation must always be reset ,

and the settings with the titler don't stick either . other issues are sometimes the video fx button will not respond

and i have to shutdown to get it to respond .

seemingly random crashes happening from trying to play video tracks . build 1793.659

i'm sure gonna need a lot of white-out to keep that album art off the screen ........(; ...... rawfulmayo!

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 5:06 pm
i wonder if the frequent updates are causing my settings to be lost ??

also it doesn't remember which plugins are incompatible

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 5:33 pm
What's up my brother? These plug ins are not ready for prime time yet. The guys that made them, are working to port them into 8, so we will just have to wait. The video cube spins, but I cannot add any x or y settings, as this will cause it to shake. So, let's give them some time to work things out.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 5:39 pm
i'm loving Fl , my friend ..... hope you come down and visit ......

i tried to go into all this with an open mind and patience ...... the new version does in fact do some great things , and i notice

even my little glitches are just a matter of re set them ........ i liked your "teachable moment" btw ......next time , gimme a heads up

and i'll demonstrate the item in question ...... i have these puppets and crayons ........

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 5:58 pm
Don't tell anyone I said this, but this is the first time, I have every, every, used a beta and new release on a client. I usually wait three or four months, watching you guys crashing all over the place. I have been using ver 8 in the club three nights a week, eight hours a day, all video, for a month. Not one crash. I did a communion last Sat, and will be doing a huge sweet 16, next Sat. Yes, my favorite effects are not working yet, but the software has not failed me once. That all I can say. You have really put me in a good mode today, with the "puppets and crayons". Don't worry, I'm sure the next post I read, will bring me back to reality.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:09 pm
well , maybe she'll slim down by next saturday ......

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:16 pm
for what it's worth i haven't had any audio problems either

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:18 pm
Are you actually having video crashes?

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:20 pm
yes occasionally today clicked on "walk it out " by unk , which was fine yesterday , and crashed

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:29 pm
Make sure your crashguard is set to yes, in options, so that they get the crash report.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:41 pm
quick video test of videocube and all the settings that are available

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:50 pm
Show off!!!! I have to keep x and y at 50%, or it starts to shake. Will take another look.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:00 pm
Define shake?
chuckles system specs are MUCH better than mine. Should be working smooth?

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:20 pm
i can use all the settings without problems , just can't get it to stay set when next used .......

gotcher shake right heyuh .......

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:21 pm
You guys know I don't know how to do all this fancy stuff. Youtube videos, and embedding them here???? I just learned how to take screen shots, last week.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:45 pm
fancy schtuff ?? i still got "white out all over my screen" ..... my chip" is a Dorito"

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:48 pm
I'm wondering to myself, what the puck are you doing even watching this video? I am laughing so hard, because I know you are home, in front of the mirror, with some little shorts on, and no top, walkin it out. I'm going to play this tomorrow.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 9:31 pm
Ok guys, I just put my first video on Youtube. How do I get it here? Let's try this

This is the shake I was talking about. It only starts when I put any value on x or y. Spinning straight up, no shake. I can't believe I did this, record, post to youtube, and get it here. I actually looked at your post, to see how you did it. Thanks Wildcountry, and Chuck.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 10:00 pm
well... I tried to make my system do it but its smooth like butter. for a minute I thought it was a pretty cool effect goin but unless you have boom_auto tied into it somehow I just don't get it. do you have any scripts written that chain effects for video?

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 4:18 am

as near as I could get it these settings were the closest I could get to replicating it but if you look at where they're pinned that's what I had to dial them into to get it that way.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 5:30 am
83%