Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Great - Still no auto update... - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi Guys...

Still the same on my Windows 7 64bit PC wont auto update, the ready file is in the cache but just wont install - all antivirus/spyware stuff disabled so.... I went to download latest version, redirects you to CNET where the version is 1785???? How can I get latest update as giggin tonight and would like the latest build even though my current version is fairly stable.....

John

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 10:26 am
Let the current version play for a while. Must be connected to the internet... then, restart.

That worked for me.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 10:45 am
johntankard wrote :
giggin tonight and would like the latest build

.....as long as you're prepared to take the risk. Make sure you've got a backup in place (2nd computer running 7 or hardware playback).

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 10:51 am
Hi guys,

Still wont install.... Left it running, new version ready to install - will NOT install, just comes up with dialog box saying update failed, try again if you keep pressing yes just keeps failing, no other instances running, removed ESET fully just in case no other real software on, all latest windows 7 sp1 updates on... Atomix please help, is there any logs I can send to why its failing...

Cheers John

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 8:00 pm
I've Got The Same PROBLEM.
Only install the 1st Time, and NOW it WON'T Update..
It Loaded Ver. 1774.664 and Updating to 1806.663

Help

BTW.. It's a Laptop PC running Windows 8 (32bit) and a Denon MC6000 (mk1)

Thanks
Jose

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 12:26 am
Any Luck RESOLVING this PROBLEM..

Thanks
Jose

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 11:32 am
Hi Atomix,

Can you update CNET with the latest build please as auto update still isnt working for me in the software and CNET is still downloading V1785.msi

Thanks, John.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 5:18 pm
Funny THING happened, since I waited a while before I TRIED it Again.
IT WORKED (able to UPDATE to the current release (build 1806.666) - FOR MY Laptop (Giggin Unit)

Thanks
Jose

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 6:55 pm
For me I have to let VDJ be open and idling for awhile. Then a box will pop asking whether you want to update or not. It will not pop up this box if you are using VDJ to mix.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 7:30 pm
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have seen autoupdate break in the past due to a crashed or unsuccessful previous update. If you find that autoupdate is not working for you, go to your Documents > VirtualDJ > Cache folder. Do you see a partial download file sitting there? If so, make sure the VDJ is closed, and then delete the file.

Then re-open VDJ and wait a few moments. You should be prompted.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 9:05 pm
Hi rlove,

There is a update file called update1793.ready which is 18meg. Is that correct? I've tried deleting it then reopen vdj, it downloads again but update still fails... Just says auto update has failed, try again? After this it just loops with the same issue.... Does not matter what I do, I still can't update the file from CNET as still a few versions behind...

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 7:03 am
Ok, so just booted in safe mode, installed update straight away.... Must be some software on the main user profile causing a conflict..... I'll investigate further.....

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 7:22 am
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
The version up on CNET should be the most up to date. (It was as of last night, that is...)

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 1:42 pm
elite1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
My Windows 7 computer keeps giving me the update failed message and asking if I want to use the updated version and is stuck on version 8.0.0 pc build 1806.671. My Windows 8 computer said it had an update and it did it's thing and it is on version 8.0.0 pc build 1814.671. Windows 8 machine does not keep asking if I want to use an updated version like Windows 7. And yes, I've had the computer and VDJ 8 launched now for 2 hours since reinstalling it.

I just completely uninstalled 8 on the Windows 7 machine and did a full restart of the machine. I then downloaded the latest CNET version through the provided link and it did the same thing again saying there's an updated version would I like to use it and then said update failed and try again. What's the fix for this???? Too many times this has been asked about and no GOOD reply to a fix has been provided to any of us. I've even cleared the cache folder of everything.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 3:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Is there any chance that an Antivirus software blocks or interrupts downloading ?

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 5:42 pm
Hi djdad,

I totally removed eset and rebooted, still no joy. In safemode the install works as it should. Is there a report in VDJ8 which may show why update is failing?

John.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 6:16 pm
DJBoguyPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi guys, I had the same issue. i just log out and log in again, then it autoupdates. Hope this will help.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 6:27 am
Still the same issue a few builds later. Windows 8 computer is updated and running build 1628.680. Windows 7 keeps asking if I'd like to run the updated version, confirms install and then said it failed and is stuck on build 1620.680. What the heck is the deal with it acting up on a Windows 7 machine and not Windows 8, and I'm leaving things logged and running plenty long and it does NOT update automatically just because it's running and logged in. HELP????

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 4:24 pm
Same thing still to this day and not a single response to the problem. Windows 7 machine asking if I'd like to use the new updated version and it then just gives me the "it failed" message and does not actually update. Meanwhile, Windows 8 asked if i'd like to use the updated version, closes and then reopens with a new version number, currently 1834.690. I'd sure like an answer as to why this keeps happening?

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 7:34 pm
I think you have to go to the options menu "Internet"and select "check updates" and "get beta builds" - click both yes and it will work. It was already changed with one of the newer builds...

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 1:49 am
95%