Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Where did the version history sticky go? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dj-in-norway wrote :
it might also be useless to report every single fix, if its to technical to make any sense ;)

Yes but don't tar all of us with the same brush please. Some of us are software developers in our own rights.

I agree fixed karaoke load, or fixed gui, or fixed XXxX issues is way more helpful to testers and users, when looking for support when debugging.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 10:00 pm
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm a software developer as well, and would really like a bit of more detail in the reports.

ie:
- Fixed potential crash in drag and drop operation
- Fixed crash in loading video on deck 2
- Corrected re-sizing issue when using a screen resolution smaller than 1280x800
- Enhanced blurry graphical buttons on lower resolution displays

I'm sure that you guys use some type of source control application such as Perforce or Alienbrain. I would imagine that your head of development requires 'useful' change notes. If he/she does, then we do as well.

Remember who your audience is...

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 8:46 pm
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
DHoude wrote :
It has moved back to where it always was. Top right of the Forum select "Support/Help" then select "Wiki & Manuals". On that page, 5th item down on the left is "VirtualDJ history". Those are the release notes for every publicly released version.

That sticky was because this was a pre release forum.

That link brings you here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/version8.html

Which doesn't list the change notes... Just shows an advertisement page.

Also, the latest build '1806', doesn't have the latest changelog in the cache folder. (Still shows 1785, which I believe was already noted here.)

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 8:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)