Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Where did the version history sticky go? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I find it useful seeing what bugs have been squashed :)

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:55 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Which OS...?
Just did a Update on PC...works here...

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 9:01 am
I haven't been able to see it for about 4 days now

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 9:37 am
They need to bring back that sticky. The version history page is not being updated with the new builds either. Hard to know what is being worked on.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 12:48 pm
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I was looking for the same thing. Was curious what was fixed!

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 1:13 pm
It is a good way to know if your own issues have been addressed too :)

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 1:14 pm
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
jbezz wrote :
I was looking for the same thing. Was curious what was fixed with this latest update!

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 1:14 pm
Take a look in VitualDJ folder in Cache is text file named Changelog

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 1:36 pm
DJ_Craig wrote :
It is a good way to know if your own issues have been addressed too :)

Please bring back the update stickys

I agree with Craig, then we know how progress is going with raised issues.
Thanks team.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:42 pm
Same here!

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:45 pm
What is the latest build?

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 7:23 am
Tjeck1972 wrote :
Take a look in VitualDJ folder in Cache is text file named Changelog

That is about as useless as anything "fixed random bugs and crashes". In software you do not fix "random". You find the cause and fix it. This does not let people know if their specific cause for the crash or bug has been fixed.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 8:10 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
It has moved back to where it always was. Top right of the Forum select "Support/Help" then select "Wiki & Manuals". On that page, 5th item down on the left is "VirtualDJ history". Those are the release notes for every publicly released version.

That sticky was because this was a pre release forum.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 8:32 am
Unfortunately a tad useless I see. Looks like they only list the new features. I would hope they would list fixed bugs, but I would love to see the "know issues" like other software does. That way we can either help reproduce it or avoid that area.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 8:38 am
DHoude wrote :
Unfortunately a tad useless I see. Looks like they only list the new features. I would hope they would list fixed bugs, but I would love to see the "know issues" like other software does. That way we can either help reproduce it or avoid that area.

I know it sounds awfully rude but ^^this^^

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 8:40 am

Some bugsfixes might in all fairness be useless to specify too ;)

Like buffer flow zero pointer error in floating point. (made up example)

When there is a bunch of minor bug fixes, in the code, it might not always be useful to give details, rather keep it to specific feature related fixes like "fixed crash with no album art"

But I donno for sure, its Just a made up example, but could be the case ;)

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 8:56 am
DHoude wrote :
It has moved back to where it always was. Top right of the Forum select "Support/Help" then select "Wiki & Manuals". On that page, 5th item down on the left is "VirtualDJ history". Those are the release notes for every publicly released version.

That sticky was because this was a pre release forum.

This link goes to the promo page and doesn't tell us what we want to know.

Come on team "fixed various crashes and bugs" does not help in the slightest when we are trying to help to sort problems.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 8:56 am
it might also be useless to report every single fix, if its to technical to make any sense ;)

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 9:01 am
DJ_Craig wrote :
DHoude wrote :

I know it sounds awfully rude but ^^this^^

Not that rude man, just the truth. I defend these people too but would rather them spend time on the software and get the release notes later.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 9:05 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
it might also be useless to report every single fix, if its to technical to make any sense ;)

I agree, but general sections would be nice. Like "fixed potential crash in video section" or "fixed bug in UI"... No need for the exact line of code, lol.

I like information but I understand some very sensitive people around here can't handle the truth. So what happens, happens. As long as we are working on fixes I am fine. But like the OP, I did like the sticky of releases.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 9:10 am
87%