Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Issues still to resolve (for me that is)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

1. When mixing in the next track the waveform at the top does not always align with the beats (peaks etc) of the track on the other deck even though the mix is 'on-the-beat'. Visually VDJ8 does not always put one track behind the other but shows the other track 'lagging'. This is not always the case but happens quite a lot.

These two tracks were definitely in sync when I set the crossfader to the middle position. As stated it does not do this for all tracks I mix.

2. The waveform shows the 'beats' (beat phase?) not under the peaks (nor slightly to the side as VDJ8 is mentioned to do) but WAY off from the peaks and I have to reanalyze the tracks to get it to move the little squares underneath the peaks. Even though they had already been 'rescanned'.

Before (I had already scanned it previously)

After (reanalyzed)

3. Sample sorting is messed up somehow. Samples added to sample banks do not always stay in the order you added them. The order moves around for some reason.
4. This ties in with the samples added to a bank not being in the order you set for controller mapping. I.E. 'sampler 3' on your controller map may not be sample 3 listed in your sample bank.
5. Removing samples from a bank may not actually remove it and may remove a different sample. You remove a sample. Click away to something else. Come back and the removed sample is still there and a different sample has been removed instead.
6. Some samples still have an audible 'pop' or glitch at the end of playback. Not all but many of my own samples in both wav and mp3 format do. It does not cleanly end the sample playback. I have checked these outside of VDJ8 and they do not have a glitch or pop at the end of them.
7. I have mentioned numerous times elsewhere my issue with holding down the shift button whilst pressing a function on my controller (Just search for Novation Twitch).

These are my main problems at the moment. That and I still do not feel the key detection algorithm is as 'nice' (notice I did not use the term accurate) as in v7. I find it harder to mix in key with v8 and not sure why. My only guess is v7 dealt with a lot of the minor keys in a different way to v8 and a lot of dance music sits in the minor keys. But it's only a guess so I can't really be sure.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:25 am

On the issue of two tracks not aligning in the waveform view (Issue 1.)

I played the same two tracks again from the beginning (in fact I hit the cue markers I set on both decks at the same time) and the two waveforms now align. It's almost like it's (vdj8) learning as the tracks progress. However this is not so useful if you have a new track to play from the beginning. Ideally it would do this on track load. Can someone educate me on what is going on here?

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:48 am
BPM analysis etc is not doing it's job properly when analyzing a bunch of files. I am finding tracks where the beat phase is off and only by doing a single file reanalysis does it put the beat phase markers in the correct position under the peaks.

Bug???

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:22 pm
First, all tracks are going to be reanalyzed in ver 8. If you set the first beat as your cue point, and hit tap, the grid will line up to the cue point, Don't know if this is what you are talking about. What do you have your cue mode set to, and what is you smart cue set to?

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:36 pm
Cue mode. Smart cue was off but I will try with on. I am having an issue where tracks I have scanned with Analyze BPM etc in batch mode and some of the tracks BPM's/keys are wrong! If I right click a file that was part of that batch scan and reanalyze it, it THEN gets the BPM and key right and puts the beat markers under the peaks. These are files I already scanned only a minutes ago as part of a batch analysis!

I have no idea what is going on but v8 has some serious bugs going on with scanning files. Particularly in batch mode.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:43 pm
Leave smart cue to no. I don't remember why, but I did not like it. Cue mode should be set to cue. I will batch a bunch of files, to see if I get the same results.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:48 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

When you select CUE, would jump to cue 1 (or first saved cue) on that song. It way be a better behavior for those of use to use cues stored in the database. I also use it this way.

;-)

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 2:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
DJ_Craig wrote :
BPM analysis etc is not doing it's job properly when analyzing a bunch of files. I am finding tracks where the beat phase is off and only by doing a single file reanalysis does it put the beat phase markers in the correct position under the peaks.

Bug???

This will be fixed in next build (1810 or higher)

Btw, was the issue only for the BPM value, or the key too ?

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 2:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)