Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Popping sound, no music

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm running VDJ8 on a bootcamped MacBook pro with a Hercules RMX2.

It's easier just to view the video than explain the problem, but for the second time, when using the fader, I hear a popping noise, no music from the deck I'm fading to and the deck I am fading from just cuts out. Everything sounds fine in the headphones. Configuration is set at default.

I don't believe this is a hardware issue. If I restart version 8, it'll work again. And I do not have this problem with version 7. I can fire up v7 right after this happens and it'll work no problem. Here is the video:

VDJ8 RMX2 issue: http://youtu.be/o0JhSjMb83g

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 10:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I cant see clearly in the video, but is there an effect activate on left deck and which one ?
also what is the selected crossfader curve ?

Is this happening also if you move the crossfader from the skin instead the controller ? and does it happen with the built in sound card of your computer ?

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 12:47 am
I think the effect was beatgrid.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 4:54 am
Oh yea, check that out.... I'm pretty sure it was echo out. I do get a "pop" at the very end of that effect sometimes.

It could just be the effect. I forgot I was using it, but I do not recall using echo out the last time it happened.

I'll need to look to see what curve I'm using. I forget. I do not use the sound card on the Mac... I use the RMX2's card. I will try to reproduce.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 5:31 am
Ok, I was unable to reproduce the issue last night, but it definitely has something to do with Echo Out. At the very end of the effect, there is the same popping sound that I experienced as described in my first post of this thread. It doesn't happen every time, but frequently.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 8:10 am
I'm still experiencing the popping noise and/or cut-outs when using Echo Out.

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 1:39 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It's a V7 effect, if the effect make want's to update it that's upto them.

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 2:13 pm
locodog wrote :
It's a V7 effect, if the effect make want's to update it that's upto them.

But it came with v8. I didn't add that effect.

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 10:05 am
' Echo out ' didn't come with V8 'Echo' did, which are we talking about here?

*Just checked your vid and we are talking about EchoOut (A V7 effect) *

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 10:33 am
So I understand... your saying that even though it came with v8 as default, and being it was also a v7 effect, it shouldn't be supported? That's like saying v7 came with a fader.

i need to check though. maybe you are right. But i didn't add it after installing v8.

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 3:18 pm
IT DIDN'T COME WITH V8, if you had it with V7 then V7 & V8 use the same folder for SFX plugins so you had it before and you still have it now.
Why it doesn't work with V8 fully, I don't know, probably because of the improved sound engine, there are many V7 effects that don't work with V8 and I know from other users comments that Echo out is one of them.

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 4:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)