Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: TouchOSC and Version 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ever since I installed 8 I've lost the ability to use TouchOSC , even with 7.4. It's definitely an issue with Virtual DJ, because it works with other software. When I left the simple midi wrapper I made in 7 nothing would show up. After removing all of the mappers from the folder, When I load 8 and go to controllers it shows TouchOSC Bridge (unable to connect). Once I figure out how to get it to connect, I'd like to find away to copy the mapper over because it took a really long time to make. If I have to start from scratch there, so be it, as long as I can get it to connect! Any suggestions?

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 3:58 pm
By deleting the controllers.dat file and restarting the PC, I was able to get TouchOSC back up and running in version 7.4. I copied and pasted from the "Generic MIDI mapping" from 7.4 into the new "SIMPLE_MIDI_0_0 - custom mapping" It shows as connected in 8 and shows all the mapped functions, but they aren't doing anything at all. If I hit the reconnect device option in 8.0, it again tells me it is unable to connect. After a system restart it again shows as connected, but it isn't giving me any functionality.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 4:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Simple MIDI mappings will need to be redone for version 8

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 4:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)