Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Why is VDJ download sending me to Cnet

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Why can we just be able to download VDJ 8 from the VDJ website as usual? Why don't VDJ show the current version on the download page? Please make things simple.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 8:58 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
VirtualDJ 8 is now a single application and same for all. The only difference is on the Licenses which unlock features such as controller use. So the core application is available from download.cent and once installed you only have to login in the LICENSES tab of Config (but it will also pop-up on launch).

The version of the software is currently 8.0 and will remain so until the next major update. We will keep updating the software with small fixes (new builds) but those are automatic (auto-updated)

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 10:02 pm
I wondered also yesterday but after some thought it makes sense how djdad explained it..just part of the enhanced security features.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 10:23 pm
That's correct. Simple is not always the best way. Then again, this seems quite simple to me.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 10:30 pm
In a way, from a programming prospective, it is a good thing that there is one version. That way you don't have to update the Free and Pro version differently.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 7:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)