Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: IRemote Dont Link with VDJ- 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
the Iremote will not Link up with VDJ-8. I been using it with 7 when it 1st come out with my iPhone5 and iPad.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:57 pm
No issues connecting iRemote here.

What error messages are you seeing in the iRemote tab?

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 1:09 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
No messages it working now after 4 days of trying it off and on to see if the update had turn it on to work. Thanks
1/2 way there NOW with VDJ-8

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 4:11 pm
I'm bumping this because I have the same problem.

There's no sign of my iPad from the remote config page. It works fine with 7 on the same PC - open the settings and the iPad is listed.

On 8 though, there's no iPad listed. It doesn't seem to matter which order I do things. VDJ 8 doesn't see the iPad and the iPad doesn't see VDJ 8.

There are some iRemote options in the main config list (under controllers), but no info on what they do.

iRemote yes/no just seems to toggle the main button on the 'remote' config page. iRemoteList has nothing to select....... are we supposed to guess what it's for?

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 11:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
i have no issues connecting an i-device here when using a laptop connected to Wifi and the same network name.
However, i have troubles getting connected if i use the PC (Ethernet). So maybe a setting in the router, possibly allow virtualdj 8 , which is a different exe to have access to the iRemote port ?

EDIt.. Got it connected with the PC as well. All i did was to press the "Enabled" button in the iRemote tab

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 12:17 pm
The VDJ 8 settings say that iRemote uses port 4243. Is this the same port used for 7?

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 12:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
yes i believe its the same one

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 12:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)