Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Headphone Volume

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Looking to increase the headphone volume, I see there are settings in options. I changed them to 0.900000 but does not make them any louder, any ideas?

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:56 pm
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
What are you plugging the headphones into? Controller or your computer?

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 1:00 pm
Controller

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 3:57 pm
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
What type of controller? (And I'm going to assume that your controller doesn't contain it's own headphone pre-amp?)

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 4:07 pm
Is it quieter in 8 than it was in 7?

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 4:08 pm
Hercules RMX,

I could not get a great deal of volume out of 7 so i am assuming 8 is the same not tried it, just wanted to know how to do it in options? I changed it from 0.500000 to 0.900000 but couldn't tell the difference.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 4:21 pm
I'd say it's more down to your hardware than anything within VDJ.

VDJ is feeding digitally into the RMX, which then has a small circuit to drive the headphones. That circuit will be limited by the design and the current available to drive it, which in a small plastic USB controller won't be much.

Another factor is how well your headphones are matched to that circuitry. If they're mismatched you'll get lower volume.

Finally how efficient are your headphones? The better the efficiency, the more output level you'll get for each input millivolt.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 4:30 pm
Umm, was wondering if the figures shown above were significant enough to make a difference.

Headphones are Pioneer HDJ1000

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 4:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
headphone_volume and headphone_gain actions can be used to increase the loudness of the Headphones Output.
I would suggest to have a headphone_volume knob on your controller, set it to nearly 80% and then map a custom round knob as headphone_gain. then try to increase the custom knob slightly until you get the desired output on your headphones and leave it there or delete the action of that knob in order to avoid sudden changes by accident.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 7:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)