Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Loading effects and samples

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Has anyone used any old effects or samples that they transferred over ? i install them in the correct folders even the new effects but vdj 8 wont pick them up

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 3:37 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
For now only the native version 8 effects and a couple more that you can find in the Plugins page (marked as for ver 8) can work with version 8.
Authors need to update their codes to follow the new SDK, but this will take some time i suppose and its up to them.
Until this happens, almost every effect of version 7 is "blocked" to avoid crashes and unpleasant behavior , so you wont be able to see them in the effects drop down list of version 8, even if the dll files are present in the appropriate folder.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 3:53 am
djdad wrote :
For now only the native version 8 effects and a couple more that you can find in the Plugins page (marked as for ver 8) can work with version 8.
Authors need to update their codes to follow the new SDK, but this will take some time i suppose and its up to them.
Until this happens, almost every effect of version 7 is "blocked" to avoid crashes and unpleasant behavior , so you wont be able to see them in the effects drop down list of version 8, even if the dll files are present in the appropriate folder.
thank you !

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 3:12 am
the video sampler alsd don't work when you save them or loop then save it..

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 4:32 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Dj Toni 586 wrote :
djdad wrote :
thank you !

Is there a way to know when authors finished updating their codes, or when it is safe to use the other effects from the Plugin page. eg cut , loop out effect. Would it say vdj 8?

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 1:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)