Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DJM-900 Mapper

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

First of all thank you Atomix for releasing a great software update. My question as stated is will the current DJM-900 mapper not work in VDJ8? It works swell in VDJ7. When I connected with my Numark V7's, the V7's to my surprise were instantly recognized. The audio was even coming through the mixer as it should. The video presentation was flawless also. Except None of the faders or knobs were controlling the software as it has done with VDJ7.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 2:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
DJM-900 is not natively supported, so it requires a proper definition and a mapper to operate as a MIDI mixer. If you have mapped the unit as Simple Midi with version 7, you will have to repeat that with version 8.
If you are using a definition made from you or another user and doesnt work, please feel free to post the first 2 lines of the mapper and definition files to see if there is anything wrong with them.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:58 am
djdad wrote :
DJM-900 is not natively supported, so it requires a proper definition and a mapper to operate as a MIDI mixer. If you have mapped the unit as Simple Midi with version 7, you will have to repeat that with version 8.
If you are using a definition made from you or another user and doesnt work, please feel free to post the first 2 lines of the mapper and definition files to see if there is anything wrong with them.

I've only downloaded the definition files from the plug in to be able to have it work in VDJ7. I didn't re-map any of the functions.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 1:09 am
It would help if you could point us the link for the Plugin.
If for example is this one .. http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16361/Pioneer_DJM-900_for_2_Decks.html then probably it wont work as its for the NEXUS model. It could probably have the same identifiers as the DJM900, but not sure.

anyways, the custom definitions/mappers will probably need to be updated as well, as version 8 differs a bit in detection rules compared to version 7. Best would be for the author who probably has access to the unit to update the files.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 1:44 am

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 2:32 am
Try this... Open the definition file you will find in the VirtualDJ/Devices folder with a Text Editor (e.g. Notepad or Text Edit) and make the 2nd line of the file like this..

<device name="PIONEER DJM-900Nexus" decks="4" author="ACW" type="MIDI" description="Pioneer DJM-900 Nexus Acw" macdrivername="PIONEER DJM-900Nexus" drivername="PIONEER DJM-900Nexus" pid="0x0158" vid="0x08e4">

Btw, are you on a Mac or Windows computer ?

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 3:04 am
Windows user. I will try that when I get home. I'll keep you posted.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 3:28 am
I just re-installed the plugin and everything except the channel faders and crossover doesn't work.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 7:35 am
Yes, if you take a look at the mapping file , its full action="nothing" So its more a definition rather than a full mapping file.
Even if the Mixer is capable of sending MIDI notes to almost every knob and button, i am not sure if it would be wise to dump the hardware features of such a unit and go with the internal features of the software.
Anyways, if you need any assistance on mapping something i am sure lot of users will help.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 7:42 am
Haha trust me I would dump all of that. Besides I don't understand what I'm looking at lol But if anyone could help with mapping the faders and crossfader would be much appreciated.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 8:14 am
The faders still haven't worked yet.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 10:30 pm
I would really like to map my DJM-900 Nexus as well. Is there a default one available for VDJ8?

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 3:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)