Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Non-Internet enabled license - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
Based on the previous topic:

What if I don't have internet access on my main machine?
A solution will be provided by the Support Team when VDJ8 is officially released.

Now that it is officially released, what is the process?

Thanks!

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 2:24 pm
Contact Support for offline activation: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/step2.html

You need to install V8 on the Computer and send them your settings.xml file from your \Documents\Virtual DJ Folder.

Use the paperclip symbol to attach it.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 2:28 pm
Since I use a few different laptops, can I register one laptop as permanent and then still have my backup laptops use the login method?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 2:32 pm
jakovski wrote :
send them your settings.xml

So what happens if some of the things recorded in this file change? Maybe you use a different audio interface or change your graphics card etc.

If your computer dies and you need to transfer to a new machine, does that require another application to support?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 2:41 pm
This will work with one computer only. If the computer dies completely or is changed, it will require a new authorization.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 2:44 pm
For those who use a variety of audio interfaces, some of which may not be listed in the XML at the time of application?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 2:54 pm
As I asked, can I register one laptop and then have the others use the current v8 login method? Or will registering the one laptop restrict me?
(If it locks it to only one computer and I can no longer use my backup machines, this would then go against the EULA that you stated.)

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 2:57 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you have an offline license, then presumably the machine is offline, and therefore would be unimpeded by you logging in on the other machine.

If the offline machine is being used online then it doesn't require an offline license.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:10 pm
groovindj wrote :
For those who use a variety of audio interfaces, some of which may not be listed in the XML at the time of application?

Perhaps consider setting your machine up they way you need it before activating an offline license. No-one has told you what is used from the settings.xml (or how it is used) to generate the offline license.

The whole point of an offline license is that is tied to the machine. There would be no point if the file was simply transferrable.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:15 pm
We are missing the point, or perhaps I am not being clear...

I'm just trying to make certain that forcing one laptop to have offline access don't prevent me from using a secondary machine from logging in and enabling the features.
(There really hasn't been a great deal of clarity in regards to how this works.)

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:25 pm
The offline computer will be OK as long as it doesn't go online. That is the *whole* point of the offline license - when you can't get a computer online *ONCE* to activate it.

If the 'offline' computer is going to be online then it doesn't require an offline license!

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:35 pm
SBDJ wrote :
No-one has told you what is used from the settings.xml (or how it is used) to generate the offline license.

.....and that's why I'm asking. To have things clarified. Others are bound to ask similar things.

For example, if a DJ regularly uses a certain bit of kit and that's the only thing he's used at the point of applying for the offline license - what happens if for some reason he has to use another piece of kit? Will it affect the license?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:45 pm
jakovski wrote :
Contact Support for offline activation: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/step2.html

You need to install V8 on the Computer and send them your settings.xml file from your \Documents\Virtual DJ Folder.

Use the paperclip symbol to attach it.

There isn't a paperclip symbol on that page to attach the xml file.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:45 pm
groovindj wrote :
For example, if a DJ regularly uses a certain bit of kit and that's the only thing he's used at the point of applying for the offline license - what happens if for some reason he has to use another piece of kit? Will it affect the license?

Configurations will not affect the offline license. It is still the full version, just like 7.4 was in offline use.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:47 pm
Offline means you don't have a network/wifi device or disabled them in the Bios so technically you can't use it online. So this is dedicated to get a Offline Activation.

If your Computer has a WIFI/Network but you just don't use it online - you could go online once and activate yourself. After that you can use it all the time without Internet.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:53 pm
I prefer to have my primary laptop as an offline device so that I don't wind up at an event and be mysteriously logged out and can't use the software.

The support request page doesn't have a way to attach the file. What is the best way to get my xml file to you?

Please advise.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 4:19 pm
Once you open the ticket and press send.

You can then go back in and attach the XML.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:41 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
This sounds like trouble. Sometimes I'm connected to a network when we spin, sometimes I'm not.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:11 pm
I have a daunting feeling, perhaps I am just paranoid, that I will log into VDJ8 at home, get to an event, be logged out and not be a be able to play any music.

There's too much risk in this new system. I know what Atomic is trying to accomplish (I work for a software company myself where potential piracy is a concern), however when anti piracy measures affect paying customers, the decisions made are wrong.

I've successfully built anti-piracy systems in the past (my software is in use by millions of customers), and I have less than a 0.01% false positive rate.

If Atomic wants some pointers on how to revamp this, let's talk!!

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:35 pm
It's actually about convenience more than piracy, believe it or not! You can log into any version 8 installation and have access to all the credentials on your account. This eliminates lost serial numbers, worry of the number of computers you have it installed on, etc.

There is really nothing to worry about. The way we do things may have changed, but it's in the right direction as everything is going cloud based for convenience.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:48 pm
56%