Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Filter for corrupted files please.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This was requested some time ago (2012) in the wishes forum.

Please provide a way to filter corrupted files (the ones marked with !) so that we can see how many we have, and set to work on correcting them.

It would also be much more useful to provide a bit more feedback on exactly what is allegedly wrong with each file.

For example, I've had a look & listen to one such file in the editor window and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:49 am
Does this do what you want?

Exists=0

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:57 am
No, that justs shows missing files.

I'm asking about corrupted files. Ones that VDJ flags as having something wrong with them.

As I said, they're marked with a ! but that's all the info they have. There's no indication of exactly what's supposedly wrong with them.

There's no way of knowing how many files there are either, because they can't be filtered out.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 12:37 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
And additionaly, if you listen to such a file and figure it isn't corrupted in any way, a possibility to unmark would be nice.
I have a couple of those files that work just fine.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 1:09 pm
What do said files even look like???

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 1:11 pm
They have a ! next to their length, so for example a file that's 3:48 would show as 3:48! in the browser.

Note: I just did a search for glitched as I make a note if I hear one myself.........and only one out of three results has a ! so even that doesn't work as it ought to.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 1:18 pm
Hmm never noticed any but then again I wasn't on the look out for them either.

Thanks!!

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 1:22 pm
gbedardPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I thought the ! just meant a cold ending.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 1:28 pm
This is really where the ability to color code things would come in useful. Instead of a tiny insignificant ! that people don't notice, corrupted files could be changed to red for example.

If it was possible to set up colors for certain things (corrupted files, files below a certain bit rate, mono files and so) it'd be a lot more useful than just being able to manually assign a color to a track in the tag editor.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 1:29 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
! can also indicate an abrupt ending (like you would find from tracks on mixed albums)

Adding time to the searchable fields might allow ! to be searched for. Maybe a easy fix but very limited in scope.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 1:51 pm
Well I must be good cause I just went through about 10,000 track (audio & video) and not a single "!" to be found but yes there should be a filter to catch those files marked as unfit by VDJ.

I mean after all, if its bad enough to alert VDJ why shouldn't it alert us so we don't play it and screw up our show............

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 9:41 pm
BUMP!

Can we have some feedback from devs/staff on this please?

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 6:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sorry, you have files in the Browser of version 8 that show an ! next to the length of the track ?
Can you post a screenshot ?

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 10:41 am

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 11:30 am
Some from me too:

I've probably got more, but as there's no simple way of finding them, it's not easy to show them or fix them.

[later] I just tracked one down in the database.xml and they're marked as Corrupted="1" so it should be easy to make a filter, yes?

According to notepad++ I have 646 of them (gulp).

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 12:09 pm
I've said before, make the time field serchable, search for !

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 3:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)