Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Native Controller Support

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How can i change this. The native definition takes away functions of my VCI_400. Takes away versatility also.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:09 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you need a custom definition to be used instead of the native one, name it as ... force-yourfilename.xml
If you just need a custom mapping to be used, you just need to select it from the Config->controllers->Mappings list

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:11 am
doesnt work, my abc layer modes are gone, cant change the backwards play and cue button. or if Im wrong please correct me.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:15 am
OK i need help!!! How can i get all the proper midi settings for my VCI400!!! But if its a case of handing off the versatility for the sound upgrade Ill understand. But I will miss having it setup the way i did in V7. The force- didnt work.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:17 pm
OK i need help!!! How can i get all the proper midi settings for my VCI400!!! But if its a case of handing off the versatility for the sound upgrade Ill understand. But I will miss having it setup the way i did in V7. The force- didnt work.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:19 pm

Update i found it...I had to "turn off use built in definitions under the Mappers Options." So if your having this problem this is the answer

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:28 pm
you might have to make a fresh new map Pirate..I had to with my xponent.otherwise is a mess.but actually had to start with the native map.then only had to map the hot cues and add deck swapping on a button..

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:00 pm
thetracker510 wrote :
you might have to make a fresh new map Pirate..I had to with my xponent.otherwise is a mess.but actually had to start with the native map.then only had to map the hot cues and add deck swapping on a button..

Nope just turn off the definition setting i mention and it will load ur V7 xml . I had to remap a few buttons because script change but I got my 400 back to the way it was.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:43 pm
How can i map a sample bank to a button so i can bring up different banks at a press of a button

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:46 pm
sampler_bank 'nameofbank'

Or you can use sampler_bank +1 to scroll through.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)