Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 latest Update not working ptoperly with VMS4.1 controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all hope someone can help me. I opened VDJ8 at the weekend it did an update and now my center controller section doesn't work. That's volume sliders crossfader bass mid treble and gain.
I can still hear the effect of these controls from the outputs but no response on screen. Somehow the link between the controller and the software for this section of the controller has been lost.
I have tried the mapping but it makes no difference. I had it running fine on the VDJ8 4 chanel skin but since update all gone pete tong!

Pete

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:23 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
do you have the latest build running ? ( 1785) issue should be fixed already...
do you use a custom mapping from V7 or the native one from V8

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:37 pm
Hi Rob, I amusing 1785.650. I had to reset to factory defaults to get it to work. However there was still a lot to do to get it to work with the controller. I have got it working now but am worried that the settings will be lost when I shut down or an update will change them I have some big gigs lined up and don't want to be in the poo!
I tried to go back to 7, still installed on my pc, but the cache wouldn't play or update, seemed to be locked (drm updates fine in VDJ8) so lots of my tracks weren't useable! Not what you want in the middle of a gig.
I'm running a high spec I7 laptop 16gig of ram etc that was fine on 7.4 and seemed to be working with 8 and then this update issue.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 2:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
you dont have to worry about your settings. However you will need to use the default factory mapping and not some custom one you were using with version 7, as lot of things have changed regarding the mixer part of the unit.
If you take a look at the default mapping you will see that all knobs and sliders have now normal actions like volume, crossfader, eq_low etc instead of fake_actions we were using with version 7. On top of that, the ONINIT key now tells Virtualdj if a unit needs to behave as a fake_mixer, fake_eq etc.
So if you still need to use some actions from a previous custom mapper you were using with 7 (for the decks), you need at still to follow the mixer mapping of version 8 , with normal actions and the same ONINIT and ONEXIT actions/keys

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 2:29 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
first: .... good to hear that you get your controller working...;-)
You should be able to safe your audiosettings with the button right below ....
To be "twice as safe" you can do also some screenshot from the settings...;-)
If you want to do your gigs with V8, just use your controller as if you would use it when working live and do some extendet testings.
Another thing is ...you donĀ“t have to update if you don`t want to and you think your system is stable with the actual build.
I highly recommend also a second or a backup machine, so you can have your second licence of V7 installed. All working as you are used to, save and not touched by aninfuence from V8.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 2:37 pm
Thanks for the help Rob, all good advice.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 4:01 pm
Thanks for the help DJDad, I used to use your VMS 4 skin with vdj7.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 4:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)