Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Gain bug

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJAVIPPRO (OEM)Member since 2016
same songs both decks The first song loaded to the right deck and Then I loaded the left deck, Playing the two together and you can see that the gain is not the same.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 12:59 pm
Support ?

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 5:59 pm
Silly question, but have you got gain set to AUTO.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure what your settings are for the autoGain setting, or if any controller is connected at that time, but from the pic you posted, the Gain sliders on the skin are not at the same position, so definitely the tracks wont have the same Output level

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:17 pm
Auto+remember, no controller

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:17 pm
try with Auto instead of auto+Remember.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:30 pm
It's weird, I did not touch the gain knob this It's a new song I bought today And it looks after the song is loaded there is No change in volume and can be seen in the picture that the vol is high compared to the second time I have loaded the left deck. I know what Auto+remember means and that why its weird...
It seems that after the anelyz of the song there is no change.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:11 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
What happened is that the track was not analyzed, you loaded it on deck 2 and you pressed play before VirtualDJ fully analyze it and store the gain information to the database. Deck 2 plays the track at a temporary gain and it doesn't normalize on the fly because it will sound bad in your speakers. By the time you load it in deck 1 VirtualDJ has the gain info in the db and normalize as expected.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:37 pm
lets say i did pressed play before VirtualDJ fully analyzed the song But why there is no change after vdj finished to analyze it ? in ver7 It was like that...

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:51 pm
Yes, that behavior is changed now. Even though you got used to that behavior, still it was not the best one as you were getting sudden changes in the Output level. So either you press PLAY, you adjust the gain and continue with that level, or wait for VirtualDj to scan the track, adjust the Gain and then press PLAY.
Of course none of the above would happen if you have first analyzed your tracks, so its highly suggested that you do that for your entire library.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 10:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)