Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: sampler volume - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Here's my thoughts on the new sampler, people need to quit comparing it to 7!! This is 8 not 7 so get used to it.....

Everybody wanted a new better sampler and this sampler is stupid powerful yet y'all keep wanting to step back.

No learn how the new sampler works and get used to it!! Anything else is a step in the wrong direction.......

Yes this is my opinion so flame me if you want.......

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:18 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Here's my thoughts on the new sampler, people need to quit comparing it to 7!!...

Amen .. its not even remotely same.
V7 was a dumbed down simple 12 slot "tape recorder", V8 is a full blown professional sampler..

Some ways it will be easier, some ways harder ; but definitively much much much more powerful

(and yes, of course there are things that we might add later on, like drop down between loop/one shot.. etc)

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:20 pm
I'm having kind of the same issue. What I would like to see is simply this:

1. All samples are default at zero volume, right now they are live at 100 percent.

2. All samples rout / bus through the sample volume slider.

In addition, I notice that I must highlight a sample using my mouse or scroll wheel on my DDJSX in order to achieve control of the volume for the sample I am playing via the pads.

Would love to see it where if I hit a performance pad for say a sample on pad three, I automatically get control of the volume for the pad I am pressing. VDJ remembers which sample I have highlighted ( position in numbered list that is) when i scroll through the sample groups, but resets all volumes to 100 percent. I have to scroll to that sample.....move the sample slider all the way up ....bring it down ...and now I have volume control.

Would like it to be also: If I switch rapidly to another pad, the sample stays at that volume. If I play two or more samples at the same time they all default to the position of the sample slider.

I guess what Im trying to say is make the sample slider pretty much like a deck number five for samples only. Possible?

Posted Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 1:04 pm
I guess there is no resolution to this? I would also like the sample volumes to stay the way i se them in the interface instead of having to set the volume of each sample every time I open VDJ8...

Please direct me to the resolution if available?

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 3:46 pm
I think that unless Atomix are swamped with complaints from every single user, they will not change it.

They seem to think that the way it works now is just fine. We disagree, but there's not much we can do about it.

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 5:16 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Theoretically...
Couldn't we set the volumes manually, then get the volumes, save them as a persistent variable (all on a single button press) then onint compare the actual to the variable, dropping the actual until they are equal? Only 100 queries per pad!

Actually such script would also need to be attached to the sampler play pads (what with switching banks also FTU {T=things} ) so forget about onint.

All stupidly long script but if it can be scripted then Atomix can package it out of sight.
All that would be needed from the users would be set and a save (hell even save could be automatic, change the volume and it's saved)
First Atomix would have to solve the build dropping variables bug.

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 9:47 pm
In VDJ 7, each sample slot had a volume control below it. Set the volume and it stayed there. Nothing else involved.

No saving, no scripting. It just worked. I can't see why that's so hard to implement again.

There's a database. The volume that's set for each sample could even be saved and remembered in the database, like the gain settings are for tracks.

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 5:01 am
Didn't V7 have a sampler xml of sorts? It all seems so long ago.
I'm not disagreeing with you but if they could have used the old way then they would have used the old way.
Sometimes just pondering a script solution out loud makes a fix magically appear in the next build.

Not that I care, I used the V7 sampler to sample and play loops on the fly, since that didn't seem like the intention any more, I now clone and capture loops on decks, Nudge, dump FX, key change I simply couldn't go back to using the sampler any more. Even with packs of loop samples I'd rather have a skin with 16 tiny decks, I can't see what the sampler offers that decks and script can't.

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 5:48 am
I did keep saying for years that Atomix should allow the decks to be switchable to samplers, so we could have waveforms, pitch, effects and so on, but just enable a simple oneshot/loop mode so they could play sample loops. Seemed logical to me as we could have up to 99 of the blighters rather than just 12 samples.

Now the decks do have a "play it again Sam" mode but it doesn't do it cleanly enough to allow sample loops.

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 6:10 am
I suppose Atomix is constrained by what current controllers/audio interfaces can handle, they sort of have to include everyone or playthings will be propelled from the pram.
(Although I can imagine V14 will need a 50" monitor 8 * audio interfaces 5 controllers & 3 djs to run it fully)

Anyway I'm convinced the OP problem is solvable with user script so it must be possible at VDJ's murky and mysterious low level internal script, but... the 8.0 build is about having a solid foundation from a pre-written plan, redesign is 8.1 country.

They can only work to what they think is right, and since this hasn't been acknowledged as a bug/fault then it must be by design or limitation.

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 7:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)