Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Waveform and Hot Cue Bug

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

While playing a track on deck 1 I set a hot cue which was then working fine.
It was a little off the beat (my timing error as using a mouse instead of a controller) so I stopped the track.
After adjusting the position of the cue point by dragging the large waveform at the top i right clicked on the hot cue 1 button to delete it then left clicked to set the cue to the current position in the track.
Now as you can see (in Picture 1) the waveform shows up until the hot cue point then is blank for the rest of the track. Even loading the track on deck 2 has the same result.

Closed vdj 8 and restarted.
Now as you can see (in Picture 2) only displays 6 beats after the hot cue, nothing before or after that.

In both instances the track plays fine.

Am running on My home pc,

Processor: AMD FX-8 8120
RAM: 8gb
Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 660 (driver v335.23)
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
VDJ 8: v1782.650

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 5:02 am
Now whenever I load that track it displays as picture 2, then when i press play it reverts to picture 1 with just the waveform before the hot cue being displayed

Have tried setting and re-setting hot cues in other tracks but as yet cannot get it to do anything wrong.
I take it the hot cues are saved in the database and not the audio file otherwise I could send you the file in question.

Restarted again and it's is only displaying the six beats after the hot cue as picture 2 again. If i click on the mini waveform near the end of the track then on it again somewhere before the hot cue the waveform displays everything from the beginning of the track up to the hot cue point. Everything after the hot cue is not displayed (even the 5 beats that it was displaying dissapear.)

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 5:13 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
+1 I've seen this too. I use mp4 videos and have almost always cues 1-4 set (from VDJ 7). It may hae somethign to do with that it automatically jumps to cue 1 when the video is loaded and somehow the whoel waveform after the cue has vanhished. I can still play the song until the end and it goes to the beat (according to the extra grid lines). But waveform is missing.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 8:20 am
Any update on this yet please.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Could you please check again with the latest build ?

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 8:45 pm
Have checked again with the latest build.
Is working much better now thank you.
Only thing I have noticed is if with 2 or more hot cues set the waveform before the first hot cue doesn't display until either I hit one of the hot cue buttons or click in the mini waveform anywhere after the first hot cue.
Am away for a few days but when I get back I will give it some more testing.
Thanks again.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 2:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)