Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Stanton djc.4 master volume missing from mapping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi team I have been going through mapping for Stanton djc4 and it does not have master volume control.
Can someone please add this to factory default.
Other please explain how to clone factory default mapping and add this to the djc4 control.
Thanks.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 6:15 pm
If I remember right from when I had mine the master volume is hardware and not software.

For your other question I have no answer.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 6:49 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Indeed there is no Master Volume key in the definition, however the knob could be a Midi one as well.
Can you confirm that using the Miditrace application ? http://www.virtualdj.com/download/miditrace.exe
Select the DJC4 from the 2 lists you will see on the right side, and then use the Master Volume knob to see if it provides any Midi data on the left side. Post a screenshot here if it does

About the cloning default mapper, i suppose you need to extract that, right ? all you need to do is do a minor change to the factory default ..e.g. change the action of the PLAY button from.. play_pause to play_pausee
It will then create a custom mapping file to your Mappers folder.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 7:02 pm

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 9:39 pm
Ok, so the Master Volume its not sending MIDI messages, so cant be mapped.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 11:22 pm
Thanks for clearing that up djdad.
You are doing an awesome job.
DJAGK9
:-)

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 8:00 am
Just curious, what skin are you using with the djc.4? I have that controller, and Im not using 8 bc the skin hasnt been updated.
Thanks

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 4:53 pm
Apart from the deprecated Browser pages buttons, i dont see how the existing version 7 skin prevents you from using that with version 8.
Anyways, please post in the Skins forum, anything that the skin needs to be modified and we will take care of it.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 5:30 pm
The 7 skin for djc-4 works fine I have no problems....

I misread and have discovered the master volume only works on the onboard sound card for the djc-4 and has nothing to do the skin.

@ DJDad
Can you close this topic please

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 10:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)