Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: controller not working for vms4.1 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

i have been testing 8 all weekend trying to get my controller to work. it comes up as no sound card found. i tried uninstalling it and re-enstalling it. nothing has worked. any ideas on what i can do to solve this? i am running vms 4.1

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 2:42 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
can you please post a screenshot from your audio and controllersettings...?
Which SKin do you use...? Default or the originally that came with the vms ?

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 3:27 pm
i am using the default screen that came with 8. havent got for enough to mess with that. my source is set at master. 2-VSM4 audio MIDI device. (WASAPI). sorry my computer skills aren't that great to send screen shots

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 3:33 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure if its the first time you run VirtualDj (both 7 or 8) with this particular controller, but you will need to know that the unit is actually an analogue dj mixer, so it requires you to plug speakers on the Master Output of the unit.
Additionally, it requires an External Mixer audio Setup and ASIO drivers to be installed as well.
FYI, the ASIO drivers are installed (available) with the Le version that comes with the unit, so you will probably find them in the Cd that came with .
If the drivers are installed and the speakers are connected to the Master Output of the unit, then simply press the "special" button you will see in the AUDIO tab of CONDIG that shows the unit with its name and a small pic

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 3:37 pm
Just use the snipping toop that came with windows.
then use the "camera" button right here below to upload...no big thing..;-)

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 3:38 pm
i have 7.4. no issues using it with my american audio vms4.1. but the minute i installed 8 i wont work with 8. still works with 7.4. and yes my speaker wires plug directly in the unit

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 3:54 pm
VMS4.1 issues are various. Mine works, but the software gain is screwed and the faders are all over the place, several of us have reported this issue.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 3:56 pm
thanks for the help i got it to work....... big sigh..... thanks for the help

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 3:59 pm
yes I'm having the same problems everyone else is having with VMs 4.1 While using vdj8 my volume gain levels are all screwed up Virtual DJ needs to fix this problembut I'm not having that problem in Virtual DJ 7 .4

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 4:14 pm
Could you please explain what is the issue with the Gains and Volumes ? .."screwed up" is not helping much here.
thank you

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 4:37 pm
For me, the sliders are wrong, left on 2 decks screen doesn't operate on screen, right fader does, 4 decks are even more muddled. When my VMS is not connected the software gain appears ok, when VMS connected software gain fails to operate, levels can't be turned down, limiter often operates even with hardware gains and sliders totally off, software gain controls do nothing.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 5:14 pm
If the VMS4 is connected, then several fake_actions are applied (e.g. fake_mixer, fake_eq etc), so from that point you should NOT move any slider from the skin/screen ! You should only control the sound using the VMS4 unit.
It is also suggested to either have the internal mixer at 0 position (volume sliders to 100%, crossfader to 50%, eq and Gains to 12 o clock poisitions) prior connecting the VMS4 or always launch with the unit connected, ans as above not touching anything on the mixer of the software.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 5:22 pm
Yes I fully understand the use, however the VMS is connected the sliders don't work properly (reported by several people) the on screens are muddled, tone is muddled on screen too.

The gain issue even with all sliders down and gains down on the unit, tracks peak and clip the limiter, nothing on the unit stops this happening.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 5:30 pm
Could you try this...
- Set AutoGain setting to Auto instead of Auto+remember
- Re-analyze the track prior loading to a deck (right-click option)
See if its distorting now

Keep in mind that VirtualDJ doesnt know how much gain you apply on the tracks if you use an analogue dj mixer or Midi fake mixer as the VMS

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 5:35 pm
thank you Retrodis0UK I feel your pain, I'm trying to explain the same thing to virtual DJ people, And I have tried everything that is talked about on this forum

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 6:55 pm
RetrodisoUK Please hit me back here, just as soon as you've found a solution to this Problem, and I will do the some for you. Thanks

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:02 pm
Hi Fellow DJ's I am also having same issues with VMS4.1. Last night was using it and went to use flanger but effect was in previous video effect( was mixing vids from keyboard night before) and vidoe screen popped up then software froze and shut down in the middle of a track.Lucky show hadn't started yet. Also having the fader and gain issues.Going to unsubscribe to VDJ 8 and continue with 7.4 until this is fixed.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 3:07 pm

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 3:35 pm
Most likely he wont be able to post his crash, as since several builds now, crashes from both Mac and Windows computers are automatically uploaded to our servers, so the Team has the crash already.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 5:20 pm
Thanks Babis...thought only Mac reports where automatic...

greetz
rob

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 7:30 am
87%