Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Soundcard problems with Vestax VCI400

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

pr0030PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi there,

I'm using the Vestax VCI400 and just installed the actual drivers on my computer to test the new VDJ.

The software recognized immediately Vestax VCI-400 in the soundcards, but with a Wasapi driver.

As soon as I try to change this (as this driver doesn't work fine) to VCI-400 (Asio), the configuration jumps to either "Internal soundcards" or "2 soundcards" (sometimes to the one or the other).

Please take care of this problem because I can't use v8 if I can't choose the correct soundcard.

Ty

Paul

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 10:26 am
BraenzuPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
same here

reported in beta forum

Braenzu

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 10:39 am
na|tollPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Braenzu wrote :
same here

And here.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 11:07 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Vestax had unfortunately changed the drivername in the latest updated version (which btw is titled to work with Win8)
Anyways, we have updated the default files to use the new ASIO name. If for some reason someone has the old version, it will fall to Wasapi of course if click on the VCI button on the top, but could choose the driver from the list too and save his Audio Setup as a profile.
Fixed in builds ending at .645

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 1:34 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
@ djdad
Is there a dedicated mapper for the VCI-400DJ? Because some buttons/sliders printing and the firmware are different from the classic 400.
If you need any help I have all Vestax device here ;)

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 1:42 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
djdad wrote :
Vestax had unfortunately changed the drivername in the latest updated version (which btw is titled to work with Win8)
Anyways, we have updated the default files to use the new ASIO name. If for some reason someone has the old version, it will fall to Wasapi of course if click on the VCI button on the top, but could choose the driver from the list too and save his Audio Setup as a profile.
Fixed in builds ending at .645

Thanks Babis...all VCI 400 DJ´s will appreciate that.
So Braenzu was right, cause he suspected a "name issue" right from the beginning...

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 2:17 pm
BraenzuPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
thanks Babis...you are my hero!!!

one who understands me :o)

Braenzu

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 2:21 pm
It seems that the VCI400 works fine on my MacMini (2011)..
Now i'll test it on my "Live Mac" MacBook Pro 2012…

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:59 pm
okay with my MacBook Pro 2012 and Mountain Lion i can't use the VCI400.
Virtual DJ found the Controller as Source/Soundcard but in the Audiosettings there is No Vestax availible to choose as the Card... Only Internal Soundcard, Two Soundcards and Stereo to Mono split is showing up... anyone else the same prob?

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 10:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)