Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Bug: Mixer section works mixed up with "external mixer" selected in Audio/Outputs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Device: Samsung Notebook Model RC530
Resolution: 1366x768 @ 15 inch
Version: Virtual DJ Version 8 Build 1765.644
CPU: Intel Core i7 2670QM
RAM: 8GB
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics + NVidia GeForce GT 540M
Soundcard: American Audio VMS 4.1
Controller: American Audio VMS 4.1

Problem: Mixer section works mixed up with "external mixer" selected in Audio/Outputs
Reproducible: yes
Frequency: always
Crashreport: no

If Virtual DJ 8 is used with soundcard "external mixer" the mixer section works mixed up. Gain and EQ does not affect sound, but Master Volume, Line Faders and Crossfader does.
Tested with internal soundcard to hear the modifications of the sound when using the mixer controls on the VMS 4.1.

I also compared it with Virtual DJ 7.4.1 to be sure, but in this version all these controls do not modify the sound. So this seems to be a bug in Virtual DJ 8.

Regards, Christian

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 1:20 pm
Did you use your own personal mapping ? If yes you need to modify it ! Open a Thread in the German Forum.

You could also test it with the native mapping which should work.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 2:03 am
Hi Heiko,

I removed all my own mappings and testet it with the native (factory default) mapping delivered wit VDJ 8.

Regards, Christian

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 2:24 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
so what is "mixed up" exactly in your case...?
not possible to assing the faders to the respective deck...?

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 2:40 am
Let me explain:

VDJ 7 (configured to use the VMS 4.1 as controller but the internal soundcard):
Line Faders, Crossfader, EQs, Gain and Master Volume are completely faked, so the faders and knobs are moving but the sound will not be changed.

VDJ 8 (configured to use the VMS 4.1 as controller but the internal soundcard):
EQs and Gain are faked as above, but the Line Faders, Crossfader and Master Volume change the sound. It behaves different than VDJ 7.

Thats what I mean with mixed up.

Regards, Christian

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 3:22 am
So, what do you think?

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:24 am

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:37 am
Hi Rob,

in the posts they are speaking about deck assignment and gain issues. What about the doubled function with the line faders and the crossfader? Is this fixed too?

Regards, Christian

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:44 am
sorry don`t have any info about that...but should be known already ....djdad postet in various threads about this, spotting the same issue.
just stand by for the next update ( should be quite soon) and give it a try...;-)
If not, please be patient...i think the Dev Team has to work 200% at the moment...i keep this issue in mind
and will monitor if there is any progress....;-)

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 8:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I am abit confused here, but from what i understand you need to use the VSM4 as a controller and at the same time use a DIFFERENT sound card and not the one from the VMS4 ?
If that is the case, you will need to create a custom mapper and get rid of the fake_actions you see in the ONINIT and ONEXIT.
The only possible issue that we may have here is if the ONEXIT is executed if you change mappings, so i am not quite sure if the fake_mixer off is executed which is crucial for the pure MIDI mapper to operarate..but wait..i have a much better idea...
Just change the ONINIT actions of your custom mapping and set all fake actions to off , just like the ONEXIT ones and relaunch..you should be OK.

If all the above is not what you are after, then you will need to explain me abit better.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)