Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Unable to load VDJ8 after fresh install

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dsr215PRO InfinityMember since 2014
I'm running Windows 7 and after the initial install, I'm unable to run vdj8. I tried run as administrator, rebooting, re-installing, changing the screen resolution, unplugging my controller and turning off the firewall.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 6:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What exactly happens when you launch VirtuaLDj 8 ? Do you get the skin loaded for a while. ? any particualr message ?
Have u tried to delete the settings.xml file from MyDocuments/VirtuaLDj folder ?

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:00 pm
Nothing happens when I press the icon. No I didn't change anything.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 8:09 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So VirtualDJ 8 never managed to launch in your computer ?
Can you see if there is a settings.xml file in /Documents/VirtualDJ folder and delete it if present ?

Can you also try this...
Locate the /Documents/VirtualDJ folder and rename it ..e.g. Documents/VirtualDJ7
then uninstall version 8 from Control panel of Windows , asnwer NO to the prompt question to delete Database, setings etc and re-install the software by downloading AGAIN the installation file from this page... http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 8:31 pm
Hi,

I've tried both and can't get it to load. I uninstalled vdj 7, ran reg cleaner rebooted reinstalled vdj8 and still can't get it to load. Do I have to have a certain resolution? I am logged on as administrator with full rights.

Thanks

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 12:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)