Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video Dark

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Doing a gig now and the Videos Dark on VDJ 8 so swapped over to VDJ 7 and so much less hassle with lay out .

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 3:44 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you could explain us a bit more in detail, we could possibly help you...most likely its a setting that you have missed... what do you mean dark video ? Maybe related to the VolumeLink setting ? or some transition ?

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 6:56 pm
hey man. i thought i had the same issue and probably do but i figured out the issue. the autolinks on the video screen are great but in 7 there was an autocrossfade option for the mixer to that doesn't exist in 8. you have to move your crossfader to the deck you're playing the video on to get it to full brightness or disable fade to black on video so it's not linked to the volume of the deck.

i'd LOVE to see the autocrossfader for the mixers come back. saved a buttload of time for someone on a laptop using the touchpad for most of their shows.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:12 pm
Hi
When playing Videos they are very dark . I push faders all the way over but needed 50% more brightness. Someone else mentioned the same problem but couldn't find their post even after typing in the sites search bar. I tried VDJ 8 skin and then the VDJ 8 Combat skin with out resolving the problem. Some one mentioned adjusting the settings. Puzzled why its been changed when 7 was fine. I am finding stuff with this version which hinders rather than help a DJ. When I first booted VDJ 8 with American Audio MXR19 attached, the Volume controls are set full on so have to push controls to the top and back same with fader. This was the same with VDJ7 also plug and play feature don't work for the sound as I had to manually correct it with the MXR19.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:31 pm
chriso710 wrote :
Hi
When playing Videos they are very dark . I push faders all the way over but needed 50% more brightness.

Where was the video x-fader? 50%?

disable videoVolumeLink

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:38 pm
Thank you Dan I check it out tomorrow .

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 8:00 pm
Dan's touching on what I was trying to address. If you're moving the audio fader, it won't necessarily move the video fader. You have to go the video menu and pull the video crossfader all the way over to the deck you're playing. If it's still dark I'd completely remove the option for fading to black for the video. If that still doesn't fix it, check your laptops brightness settings. I know I like to run my laptop at minimal brightness cuz I'm in the dark and it's easier on my eyes but some tv's are just darker and turning my laptop brightness (us the fn key, not the graphics options) solves the issue.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 11:13 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
tonight 9 hours nonstop video party .... everything works great. No problem

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 11:19 pm
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I had the same issue tonight, and I tried all the settings. Video was dim no matter what I messed with. Try to reproduce tommorrow, when I'm not actually doing a gig. At this point I wouldn't even bother with VDJ 8, if the sound wasn't better. There's too many setting that aren't available in VDJ 8 and too many things, that just aren't clicking.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 3:03 am
Could this be a RGB limited 16-235 or RGB Full issue that changed between VDJ versions?

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 3:36 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
View days ago the isse was relatet to the videoVolumeLink setting...seems to be also general now...i´m quite shure but did you checked that setting...?

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 3:37 am
Still having issues here. I've tried all the settings, and seems that changing them back in forth in the right pattern will finally get it to work, but I seem to only get it occasionally. Can someone tell me the proper setting for it to work like it did in VDJ 7?

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 8:10 am
Trouble with these forums, is that too many of us are working or asleep during the day. I'd really like to run vdj8 tonight, but I need a fix first. I can't seem to get this working right.
How can I get it to work like it did in VDJ 7. So far the only way is to have the crossfader at it's extremes.

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 9:49 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
So what is your current setting for "videoVolumeLink" ?

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 10:05 am
PachN wrote :
So what is your current setting for "videoVolumeLink" ?

I've tried it both ways. Are you able to get full brightness without having to move the crossfader? If so what settings are you using?

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 10:32 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
No, I do use the crossfader to blend videos.

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 11:00 am
PachN wrote :
No, I do use the crossfader to blend videos.

You're killing me. What settings do you use? Are you using a pc?

There appears to be 3 settings for video:
videocrossfader link
videocrossfader auto
video volume link

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 11:17 am
Solved. Thanks for helping.

Had to select a transition, and now it works fine.

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 11:34 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You should also try to set a custom button with the action 'video_fadetoblack'. Will not resolve your issue thus.

Some skins have a dedidated button for this.

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 3:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)