Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: NS7 II Possessed!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Any thoughts to why audio would speed up, slow down, practically stop, start up again, play backwards, etc. - this has never happened before. It happens while scratching or just playing. I tried to record it while it was happening yesterday, but by the time I got the phone and hit record, it stopped. I made mention of this in "First impressions" but its continuing so my frustration is rising. This is really my only setback with the program and I wont use it at live gig again for fear of this happening.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:30 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Maybe thats the same as what happens or happened with TCV.

If you let the timecode idle for a while and just do nothing with VDJ it suddently started
to spin the deck, moving forward and backwards and jumping...

But I never had that happening in a current build...

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:45 am
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Have you tried DPC Latency checker? Are you running a mac or pc? Are you using the stock skin and mapper? I have two options for the ns7 ii in the mapper section. I use default. I think the other one is from vdj7, it doesn't work right. Mine seems to be pretty stable. I had it freak out when I tried to move an effect window over the VDJ 7 4 deck multi skin. Every once in a while I will get a small glitch when playing with the sampler and effects, but it hasn't been something I can reproduce.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:46 am
Jason K wrote :
Have you tried DPC Latency checker? Are you running a mac or pc? Are you using the stock skin and mapper? I have two options for the ns7 ii in the mapper section. I use default. I think the other one is from vdj7, it doesn't work right. Mine seems to be pretty stable. I had it freak out when I tried to move an effect window over the VDJ 7 4 deck multi skin. Every once in a while I will get a small glitch when playing with the sampler and effects, but it hasn't been something I can reproduce.

Havent tried the checker. PC. Yes, using stock skin and mapper. I am almost positive I was using the default mapper, but I will be playing around with it again today. I also had the small glitches when moving an effect, but that happened when i used the mff skin version 8.7 (thats my favorite) Im really hoping to recreate it today and record it

BTW Jason - did you reach out to styleflip about the skin

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 12:01 pm
Tried a different PC. Nessie7 2 is still possessed. Also tried taking off Ultra latency - which I never needed before - that did not help. when accessing video effects and trying to change parameters it goes nuts. Also I can not turn on/off effects on the unit, only by screen

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 4:02 pm
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I emailed them, but haven't heard back yet. I'll play around with mine for a couple minutes before my show tonight and see if I can reproduce your issue. There's a multi FX setting, and when it wasn't on I was having issues too. Is this problem on the older and latest update? Are you using usb 3.0 or 2.0. I've had some similar issues with my regular NS7 on usb 3.0. I'm not sure if the NS7 II is the same.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:10 pm
Its happening on 2.0 and 3.0 I just played with for about an hour straight and it totally crashed - just stopped playing - platter continued to move tho, just no sound. shut dow VDJ - opened it back up still wouldnt play had to shut down ns7 and then it was fine. Im off tonight, but working the rest of the weekend - so I can play around.

As i just installed this on a different PC it is the current version as of 4pm this afternoon 5/16

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:55 pm
Zamooda wrote :
Its happening on 2.0 and 3.0 I just played with for about an hour straight and it totally crashed - just stopped playing - platter continued to move tho, just no sound. shut dow VDJ - opened it back up still wouldnt play had to shut down ns7 and then it was fine. Im off tonight, but working the rest of the weekend - so I can play around.

As i just installed this on a different PC it is the current version as of 4pm this afternoon 5/16

Is the firmware up to date ?
do you have the latest driver ?

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 3:41 am
so no new crashes since the latest update (tuesday the 27th I forget the build #) but im still getting glitches and hangups and spinbacks with video only. the mapping is definitely out of whack with the NS7 II.

DJDAD I have two mappers residing in my mappers folder - the standard for the ns7 and the one that I modified for video to work like the denon 6000 (using your instructions) should I delete the original mapper. I dont think one would have an affect on the other if not being used, or would it?

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 2:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No, you can have as many mappers as you want. Only one is used, the one that you choose from the Config->Controllers tab

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 4:27 pm
Great. what about VDJ 8 not being able to accept the master efx a/b selections to go thru efx and transitions. is this within the mapper or is it a combination of things. 8 for me is running very well now on this controller other than the above.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 4:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)