Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ not updating to new builds. - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hey guys. I noticed there have been new builds released. However when I open up VDJ 8, it appears to be still at build 1752. 'CheckUpdates' in the options menu is set to 'Yes'. Not sure why it isn't updating. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:17 am
If you close VDJ8 and restart it do they appear then?

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:19 am
I've tried closing and reopening about 5 times. Still nothing.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:21 am
Ok I tried several more times and finally it updated. Weird though. Not sure why it wouldn't update before.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:27 am
Because everyone will be updating at the same time sometimes it might take 4-5 minutes to download.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:32 am
You have to leave it open long enough for the background process to do its thing. Then when you close it, give it a chance to reinvigorate the amplitude modulating resonator.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:33 am
Mine hasn't updated for almost couple of days after a fresh install posted but no reply.
Anyway the latest build is on the VDJ download server.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:54 am
Thanks guys. I'm glad it resolved itself. I didn't want to download and re-install a fresh copy because I've already customised VDJ 8 and wouldn't want to lose all of that custom mappings.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:02 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
Because everyone will be updating at the same time sometimes it might take 4-5 minutes to download.

There should be a "Check For Updates" button.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:21 pm
There doesn't need to be a button and VDJ8 automatically searches for updates at launch. It downloads these silently then install when it is next launched.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:25 pm
spindemPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I had the same issue.

I logged out and signed back in and got the new update.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:33 pm
I have an issue with updates, it tells me there is a new update to install.... It tries to install but says it's failed. The only way I can update is to log onto the website then download the file, uninstall from control panel then install the new version. Running on windows 7 64bit. Is anyone else having same issue?

John

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 3:17 pm
johntankard wrote :
It tries to install but says it's failed.

When that happens, look in Task Manager and see if there are any virtualdj.exe running.

I've had this, and found eight or so of them all running!

Stop them all, then run VDJ again and it should update.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 3:32 pm
Thanks Groovin, I'll try that when there is another update....

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:05 pm
Hi Groovin, everyone else....

New update available today, downloaded in background.... do I want to update, I click yes.... after twenty seconds says update failed do I want to try again, click yes same thing happens, click no version on pc opens up? I have tried what Groovin said but no other VDJ processes running, just the one I opened up. Auto updates and installs still not working for me....

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:32 am
Ok, so its just updated but it took me clicking retry nearly ten times before it installed the update.... Checked the windows event logs and nothing apparant in there why it wouldnt do it straight away.

John

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:40 am
Please let us know if you get this problem again with the next update.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:45 am
Will do touchdan, thank you - I have to say the forum is really great, so helpful and its great to see that between us all VDJ8 is on the way to being so stable along with being a great product and will hopefully gain great recognition in the wild from all the hard work atomix have done.... :)

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 10:08 am
Thanks for the feedback.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 10:09 am
Still a problem for sure.

Update is stuck in a loop and NEVER updates from the software. The only way to update is via the download.

Also, the current version is 1765 but the download is 1761.

I just don't get it?

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 10:27 am
50%