Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sidemix / Automix - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

showcoverfordragdrop

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 6:58 am
Found it, thanks.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 10:27 am
groovindj wrote :
showcoverfordragdrop

Hi, can you let me know where the "showcoverfordragdrop" cant see it

thanks

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 10:48 am
glasgowlad wrote :
groovindj wrote :
showcoverfordragdrop

Hi, can you let me know where the "showcoverfordragdrop" cant see it

thanks

it's ok, thanks got it, cheers ;))

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 10:50 am
RetrodiscoUK wrote :
Like I said, I don't use automix, I use a sidelist to line up my ideas, the regular sidelist has no option to remove the tracks automatically when played, the automix list does, and can be used as just a list with automix turned off, however it still says automix. If sidelist had the option too, it would be great.

+1 Yes please,
delete from Sidelist if played not if drag to Deck like V7 (AutomixList).

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 3:55 pm
Sorry, i found the Solution in Expert Settings.

The V8 is a great tool.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 5:28 pm
Automix / Sidelist I'm having a few issues with the automix playlist. Sometimes i can drag a file and it doesnt show up. but i drag it over again and it then shows 2 of the same file all of a sudden.

Automix playlist When using the automix playlist. once i started the other player going and set someone to sing. I skip through what was playing on the other deck to get to the beginning of the next track in the playlist automix and instead of it staying paused like i had it. it starts playing instantly once i have used the jog wheel to get to the beginning of the next track. this is rather annoying as it sets the transition going on the main extended screen and puts the singer off. in vdj 7.4 this always stayed paused until i pressed play or hit a cue point.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:11 am
I've noticed songs not appearing and then twice. It's if they are scanned, they are there but the text doesn't appear.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 9:33 am
Is there any way to move/drag/copy tracks from the Sideview/Sidelist tab into the Sideview/Automix tab?
I tend to, or would like to use the sidelist as a holding tab and the automix as my ordered playlist tab regardless of automix setting which I do use for buffet time etc.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 6:43 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
as far as i know you can onyl copy to sidelist / automix straight from the browser window...if wrong please correct...

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 6:49 am
Hi again Rob,
That certainly seems to be the way it works at the moment.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 7:06 am
You can set (in config) the sidelist to be at the bottom of the browser a la VDJ 7 if that makes any difference.

showHorizontalSideList = yes (needs VDJ 8 to be restarted to work)

[edit] yes, I just tried it. When the sidelist is at the bottom (bottomlist?) then you can drag tracks from there to Automix.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 8:10 am
Nice groovindj. Thanks a milion.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 8:21 am
RetrodiscoUK wrote :
I guess it's just the stigma of having an automix list up on screen and looking like a lame DJ who uses automix all night.

Do you have nosey people looking over your shoulder at everything you do? .........or is this just your perception?

Me personally I couldn't care less. I have always used the playlist/automix to store requests and ideas of tunes I want to slot in. With the added bonus of clicking autoplay if I needed a bathroom break ................and still be awesome lol (I NEVER do, just sip water all night).

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 8:44 am
what about when you load a track and then change your mind and put another track in the player. in vdj 7.4 the rejected track went into sidelist and was great. could always play it in a bit if required. now it just gets ditched and you have to remember what you ditched.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 5:18 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Here is another trick,
You can add a shortcut or custom button as 'switch_sidelist_playlist'
It switches the content of the two lists.

This might be useful in many cases, for example i like to use the automix list also as my list editor and have one set of shortcuts and not for both lists.
So i simply swap the lists, do my edits like 'remove played', then i switch them again.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 5:38 pm
djstev1em wrote :
what about when you load a track and then change your mind and put another track in the player. in vdj 7.4 the rejected track went into sidelist and was great. could always play it in a bit if required. now it just gets ditched and you have to remember what you ditched.

saveUnplayedToSidelist : yes !!

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 9:35 am
thanks

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 12:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)