Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sidemix / Automix - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I used to use the side playlist to arrange the evenings music and then drag to a deck, with auto remove when played checked.

Now this works a treat in Automix, but really needs the option in Sidelist. I don't use the Automix feature but do wish to use a Sidelist. Not having an auto remove is a pain as everything has to be deleted manually from the list.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:11 am
If you don't use automix then just use that section as you playlist.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:12 am
I can see what he means - I just compared 7 to 8 in this respect.

In 7 you can load tracks into the playlist area (called 'automix' in 8), select "remove when played" and when you drag a track from there to a deck, it removes the track from the list.

In 8 it doesn't. It only removes the track if it's been played by automix (it actually only goes once the next track is playing).

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:29 am
I understand I can use the Automix list, I guess it's just the stigma of having an automix list up on screen and looking like a lame DJ who uses automix all night.

The option to remove on sidelist would be awesome, or to rename the lists.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:32 am
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Pretty sure I read somewhere, that they plan to bring back the drag to delete again.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:43 am
@RetrodiscoUK
dont have to have the panel open ;) can close it as soon as your automix has started ;)

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:58 am
But he doesn't want to use automix - he wants to mix manually, by dragging the tracks from that area (which used to be called 'playlist').

The issue is that the tracks don't get removed from the list when they're dragged out.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 8:05 am
Like I said, I don't use automix, I use a sidelist to line up my ideas, the regular sidelist has no option to remove the tracks automatically when played, the automix list does, and can be used as just a list with automix turned off, however it still says automix. If sidelist had the option too, it would be great.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 8:05 am
XtianGPRO InfinityMember since 2010
groovindj wrote :
I can see what he means - I just compared 7 to 8 in this respect.

In 7 you can load tracks into the playlist area (called 'automix' in 8), select "remove when played" and when you drag a track from there to a deck, it removes the track from the list.

In 8 it doesn't. It only removes the track if it's been played by automix (it actually only goes once the next track is playing).

yep i like also that in VDj 7 .. it will be great that it is included in the 8 as well..it helps you to organize the evening and do not have to spend part of the time deleting songs from the automix or side pannel!

:-)

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 8:38 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use version 7 pretty much the same way.
Additionally I use the side list for any requests.
Also in 7 you can add songs from the drive to the playlist
and when loaded/played they are removed.
However in version 8 you cannot add songs from your drive to the playlist.
Would like to see Version 8 have similar feature.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 10:31 am
If I understand correctly what you were doing, the "remove when played" which I believe only applies to the Automix feature, is not what was removing the songs from the list in V7. The songs were being removed by the physical act of dragging them out of the list (and onto a deck).

As Jason K mentioned above, the "drag out to remove from list" feature has been discussed on other posts, and to my knowledge, has been submitted as a feature request. If/once completed, that should resolve your issue.

I also miss that feature, as I sometimes drag a song out of the automix queue into another deck to play at a specific time. and don't want it to remain in the automix queue to be played a second time if I forget to right-click remove it.

Yes, I sometimes use the automix queue for kids parties, background music, etc (Hangs Head in Shame) LOL

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 11:23 am
TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I see what you mean...that is a bummer. I also use the sidelist to put requests or songs I want to play later and don't want to forget. Not to mention if you are using automix (say for dinner or background music) at the time and also want to start putting requests and other songs together in a list for when the dancing starts, it's not possible. To me; not being able to do this is a major issue.

@SoFla David .... don't worry I do the same thing for dinner music....all pre-programmed.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 12:26 pm
also the icon of the artwork that appears is far too large, if you are creating a sidelist and trying to pop them in order, the huge icon makes it hard to see where to drop it and you end up having to move it around a few times.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 1:41 pm
RetrodiscoUK wrote :
also the icon of the artwork that appears is far too large, if you are creating a sidelist and trying to pop them in order, the huge icon makes it hard to see where to drop it and you end up having to move it around a few times.

agreed! I had turned off the "show artwork when dragging files" option to alleviate that problem, and now with this latest update, they "fixed" it by showing an icon just as big of a generic musical note.

We need to see exactly where we are dropping a song within a list of other songs.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 1:49 pm
Using automix list, but not in automix mode, dragging and dropping, songs remain, even though they have a red line and remove when played is checked.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:58 pm
SoFla David wrote :
RetrodiscoUK wrote :

agreed! I had turned off the "show artwork when dragging files" option to alleviate that problem, and now with this latest update, they "fixed" it by showing an icon just as big of a generic musical note.

We need to see exactly where we are dropping a song within a list of other songs.

I +2 that, but if you can see your mouse pointer through the artwork then you are placing it right at the tip of your mouse icon. It is a little forgiving but I would rather have a line or something showing you exactly where it is going.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:33 pm
kidmixxPRO SubscriberMember since 2008
You can remove played tracks from sidelist by going into settings-browser-remove played=Yes. The song will be removed roughly about 45 sec into song being played. It's not instant but it does remove them

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:15 pm
Sidelist does not have that option. Automix list does but it's unreliable, especially if automix is off and you drag a track, track stays regardless most times.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 3:39 am
DanCattPRO InfinityMember since 2013
RetrodiscoUK wrote :
I used to use the side playlist to arrange the evenings music and then drag to a deck, with auto remove when played checked.

Now this works a treat in Automix, but really needs the option in Sidelist. I don't use the Automix feature but do wish to use a Sidelist. Not having an auto remove is a pain as everything has to be deleted manually from the list.

+1 I too would prefer the same options available in Sidelist as are available in Automix.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 6:02 am
How can you turn off "Show Art Work When Dragging Files"? I have not been able to find it.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 6:21 am
53%