Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VMS4.1 issues - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I worked with 8 for a few days with just a laptop and the mouse and it seemed to work flawlessly. Yesterday hooked it up to my PA system and my vms4.1 and I ended up with several issues (most of which I'm sure were user error) at first I couldn't get sound out of my VMS, then I did (sorta) my volume fader for deck 1 was controlling deck 2 and no other volume faders would work. I did finally get it to work right by completely removing all the data (virtual DJ 7 folder) and a fresh install of 8, allowing 8 to create it's own folder and using nothing from 7. I then copied the database from 7 and put it into 8 (to keep all my tracks, cue points, etc) and it did work much better. Not flawless, but better. Then my (windows 7 ) laptop just completely crashed. I have since decided to just completely uninstall 8 for now as I have a wedding to do today, and don't need any issues. If anyone can offer any advice on this it would be greatly appreciated, but for now at least I think I will just wait to reinstall this otherwise AWESOME piece of software. Thank you in advance.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 6:32 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Did you use a custom mapping you worked with in V7 or did you use the native one in v8
Can you please post a screenshot from your sound settings ?
Which skin do you use...?

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 6:36 am
I actually did both. Upon hooking it all up I went with plug and play (didn't work) and tried SEVERAL settings. I tend to think that with the v7 folder (database etc.) still in my machine, and v8 (at least in part) incorporated v7 settings gave me a lot of problems. I never did get v8 to work properly until I completely removed v7. I can't give you a screen shot (sorry) because 1. I removed v8 from my machine, and 2. It's all loaded up right now to head out for my wedding today.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 6:46 am
VMS4.1 was working perfectly yesterday, after todays update, midilog 2 and midilog 3 both control the same onscreen fader, settings are all as yesterday, faders still appear to be ok on the unit, but the onscreen control part is a bit of a jumble right now, was perfect before the last auto update.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 12:54 pm
Reset and checked everything is set as recommended, 2 deck skin, both left and right deck control right on screen fader and other similar controls not displaying correctly, the do work on the deck, but it's hard to break the habit of watching it on the screen, keep turning up and down the wrong fader etc.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 1:50 pm
Please check your audiosetting. perhaps controller or deckrouting set to default or automatic

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:04 pm
No, it is set correctly, and worked fine until the latest auto update.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:15 pm
can you please post a screenshot of your audiosettings and controller config....?

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:47 pm
Later, not whilst working ;-)

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 3:05 pm
Also I think this issue is causing it to bang off the limiter in the software, levels are peaking, even though hardly any green lights on the vms and its not that loud.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 3:11 pm

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 5:27 am
RetrodisoUK just like you my Vdj8 gain volume graph, was working just fine all so, until the last update!! Hopefully they will get this fixed for us, but other then that my sound still come out of the proper volume audio gains like it is support to, just visually is were it looks nutty

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:47 pm
Latest build which updated on my system today has not fixed this.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 5:57 am
Same thing on my end as well, no fix yet here either.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 7:36 am
Three of us in the local area have these and all have the same issue, there's one in the local DJ store too, same issue there also.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 8:22 am
t2dj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Having the same problems with my vms2. Will post details when back at my pc.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:16 pm
If anyone solves this problem first, please post and show the rest of us.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:30 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The VMS4 can be a pig to set up properly, due to it's different operating modes. The soundcard can be either 4in/4out or 8out, depending on the switch on the front - set this up wrong and you'll have sound missing or coming through the wrong faders etc. Just to make things a little more complicated, there's more than one way of sending audio to it - you can either send a master and headphones feed to the controller, which means that virtual DJ is the mixer, but controlled by the unit, or you can send 4 separate stereo streams from VDJ's decks directly to the channels, in which case the mixer in the VMS4 acts as a normal analogue mixer. You need to know what mode your VMS4 is operating in, as does the program for everything to work as it should. Can be a bit of a headscratcher for those that aren't used to it. We sell VMS4.1s in the disco shop where I work - whenever I sell one I make a point of getting the customer to bring his lappy along, so I can set it up for him.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:32 pm
but my Virtual DJ 8 was doing great until they start doing all the updates that's when it started going cuckoo for cocoa puffs

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 2:09 pm
rodney41 wrote :
but my Virtual DJ 8 was doing great until they start doing all the updates that's when it started going cuckoo for cocoa puffs

Same here. Mine was working fine on v7 then also fine on the first release of v8. Only went belly up on Friday after an update and hasn't worked since.
And my problem is simply that the ch1 fader doesn't respond.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 2:13 pm
18%