Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Keyboard map for a specific sample

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys...first off, big props to the VDJ team with V8! I'm loving it so far!

I do have one question though. I noticed that the sample bank has been broken out into different categories (Audio FX, Famous, etc). How can I map a specific sample to a certain key on the keyboard (Ex, map the 'Siren' sample to the Z key)? Previously, i just added a sample to one of the 12 banks, and assigned a key to that bank. However, in V8, the banks change based on which category is selected, so this no longer works.

Thanks in advance!

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 7:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You have 2 options..
1. Create a bank of your own, and add there all the samples you need to trigger with your keyboard shortcuts. You can use sampler_pad x , where x is the slot number or sampler_pad 'samplername' if u need to specify the name of it.

2, Keep the current banks structure and map your buttons like..
sampler_bank 'Instruments' & sampler_pad 'Kick Hard'
and another one maybe as ..
sampler_bank 'Audio FX' & sampler_pad 'siren'

Note. It is suggested to keep and trigger your samples from single bank. VirtualDJ can trigger samples from various banks, as described in option 2, however this is not suggested, as it loads the entire bank into memory, so if you have video samples or large files,or even lots of samples in a bank, it will be all of them loaded into memory, which may cause sound drops in some low spec computers.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 12:35 am
Fantastic...this works perfectly! Thanks for the quick response!

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 11:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)