Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Ver8 Updated Mapper for NS7II

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys is there an updated mapper for the NS7II as I am having lots of little niggly things not working with Ver 8.

Steve

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 10:49 am
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Mine is working. What's going on with yours?

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 1:01 pm
Firmware up-to-date?

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 1:07 pm
Hi .... i have a macbook pro core i7 mid 2012 .. 16 gb ram ....13 inchs ..... intel graphics 4000 1024mb ..... I have problems with my Numark NS7 II and VDJ 8 .....
I work with VDJ 7.4.1 and i dont have any problems goes greats everything...... but on VDJ 8 i Mixing on Video and when i go to sampler ., instruments etc the song its plaing stops for 1 or 2 miliseconds and continue ..... even when i only mixing video hd ns7 II stacks music and continue ( this is not continue its every 5 or 6 min and when load 4 Video HD on 4 decks and jump around each one its most heavy problems ) ..... what can i do for this issue please help .... and when i turn motor on and off music stacks ... I dont feel happy for VDJ 8 please help ......... THEN EVERY THING on Numark NS7 II goes GREAT

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 1:51 pm
edwinaltamiranovdj wrote :
but on VDJ 8 i Mixing on Video and when i go to sampler ., instruments etc the song its plaing stops for 1 or 2 miliseconds and continue .....

This is being investigated - thanks for letting us know though.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 1:53 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
Firmware up-to-date?

Yes I have the latest firmware. I guess I'll just have to sit back and wait until all the problems and glitches are sifted through and bugs sorted out and hope down the line it will get better, until then it will just be a trial for me as Ver 7 was as about as perfect and failsafe as could be. Just hate the fact that nothing seems to sync, all the beats are way out, the pads don't work or light up. Patience is a virtue !!

Steve

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 4:55 pm
I have found another problem ...... Look i open my VDJ 8 then i put on search and write a name of a song then press arrow down to get the song ...... and then the program close and opens then frezze my macbook pro and then i have to force out to do something .......... I have macbook pro core i7 and a NUmark NS7 II

Thanks

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:29 pm
I also have lots of weird issues with ny NS7II. Flanger sounds terrible when the second knob goes to zero. If you stop the disc and move it very slow, audio will wipe, pop and jump to a random close position. Capacitive controls do not work (with v7 neither), some parameters like gain re-initialize arty time a new song is loaded. Pads some times don't turn on and the slicer effect is completely useless. All the effects buttons seem to do nothing. As this controller was designed for Serato, I would expect VDJ to 'mimic' the same behavior. Is this possible? Tnanks!

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:27 pm
I stlill have this problem on VDJ 8.0.1761 ....ON MACBOOK PRO

I have found another problem ...... Look i open my VDJ 8 then i put on search and write a name of a song then press arrow down to get the song ...... and then the program close and opens then frezze my macbook pro and then i have to force out to do something .......... I have macbook pro core i7 and a NUmark NS7 II

Thanks

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 11:25 am
DjBoy01PRO InfinityMember since 2009
cosornio wrote :
I also have lots of weird issues with ny NS7II. Flanger sounds terrible when the second knob goes to zero. If you stop the disc and move it very slow, audio will wipe, pop and jump to a random close position. Capacitive controls do not work (with v7 neither), some parameters like gain re-initialize arty time a new song is loaded. Pads some times don't turn on and the slicer effect is completely useless. All the effects buttons seem to do nothing. As this controller was designed for Serato, I would expect VDJ to 'mimic' the same behavior. Is this possible? Tnanks!

Just going to respond to the capacitive controls... I just got the NS7ii yesterday and was playing around with it, did you try pressing and holding the shift button while also pressing the touch button. This will activate all capacitive buttons (FXs, EQs and Filter). Only pressing the touch button will only activate the FXs capacitive buttons.

The FX buttons work like this on VDJ8 (from what I have seen so far)

FX1 Button = Triggers FX
FX2 Button = Search back through FX list
FX3 Button = Search forward through FX list

FX1 Knob = Change first parameters of selected FX
FX2 Knob = Change second parameters of selected FX
FX3 Knob = Change third parameters of selected FX

If you press down and hold the shift button while pressing the Beat/Mode button you trigger Multi-FX in this case:
FX1 Button = 1 FX and FX1 Knob = 1 parameter of that FX and so on...

The slicer on the pads work but not fully as "advertised". I believe Slicer Mode and Slicer Loop Mode are doing the same thing.

- dee_jay_boy

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 6:19 am
Thanks DjBoy. I will try the shift thing, however even with today's update, effects sound pretty bad and the main issue is still happening when you stop a song by holding the disc, if you move it very slow to either direction, it will pop and jump to a differnt position. Do you experience this? Is your flanger sounding ok when you zero the second knob? What about the other effects?

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 12:24 pm
I have the same problem ..... and i still have this other problem

I download the last ver VDJ v8.0.1774 for mac look i still have 2 big problems on my Numark NS7 II ....
1.- I open VDJ 8 then play a song load a load b .... then i put it on search and type the name of a song and then push arrow up and arrow down to look for song i search .............. then virtual dj crash and dont respond .... Big PROBLEM on Mac ..beacause on my PC dont happend this ...on PC its OK...

2.- On My numark NS7 II i turn off my motor wheel and the audio stacks for i little frame and then continue ....please help fixing this this please

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 12:45 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Issue Nr.1 occurs even without the NS7II connected ?
Can you reproduce the crash at will ?

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:12 am
hi djdad yes the same thing happens without NS7 II ,,, only with may macbook i open search type the name of a song and with arrow up and down look for the song i want and then VDJ 8 close and re open again the next time i search another song i push arrow down and VDJ 8 freez and i have to force exit to to something

Please help with this .... On my PC dont happend and VDJ 7.4.1 dont happend this ..... only on VDJ 8 on mac book core i7 16gb ram ..... thanks

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 10:14 am
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hey DJDad - so a new issue started last night, completely random, tho related to the speed up slow down problem I was having last week. Last night after updating to the current build, I tapped cue as in to stutter the first beat, but the track played. it played in super slow motion tho like it was winding down, but never stooped. yes, I checked the brake stop - its set to the almost off position and I did not hit the play/pause button.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 10:19 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I know you guys play with Serato sometimes or test with it, as we have recently supported the device, so here is something you could try , as i have noticed something here too....
Before launching VirtualDJ, power off the NS7II and leave it off for about 5-10secs. Then power on the unit again and launch VirtualDJ after that.
Reason is that Serato can control the speed of the platter (even with the pitch slider) and the speed value may still be present inside the "memory" of the unit. so powering off (reseting) may help in the speed issues.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:34 pm
hi djdad , Look I never played with serato and like so much Virtual DJ that reason is why i need help with VDJ 8 and my NS7 II ...... Look when i mix video on VDJ 7.4.1 ther isnt no problem every thing is 100% ok ..... all my probles came with VDJ 8 ..... I tell you when you search a song VDJ 8 closed and open ...then VDJ crash or Freeze ....... Other problem when music is playing turn off motor of NS7 II and the velocity of the song change and its bad playing ..... Other problem is when you put on sampler and press shitf and parameters to look for instrunments etc.... thers a cracleks and pops on the music is playing ..........

I only whant VDJ 8 its 100% ok like VDJ 7.4.1 but i dont have responce of main problem search a song and crash VDJ 8 on MACBOOK PRO in PC thers no problem

Thanks for your help

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:46 pm
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
djdad wrote :
I know you guys play with Serato sometimes or test with it, as we have recently supported the device, so here is something you could try , as i have noticed something here too....
Before launching VirtualDJ, power off the NS7II and leave it off for about 5-10secs. Then power on the unit again and launch VirtualDJ after that.
Reason is that Serato can control the speed of the platter (even with the pitch slider) and the speed value may still be present inside the "memory" of the unit. so powering off (reseting) may help in the speed issues.

I havent touched Serato since the mapper came out in V7...I dont want to open it ever again ;0)

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 2:31 pm
@DJDAD: Is VDJ8 not able to control the speed of the plattern? I hoped this for the new release :-/

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:00 am
I have the same problem ..... and i still have this other problem

I download the last ver VDJ v8.0.1781 for mac look i still have 2 big problems on my Numark NS7 II ....
1.- I open VDJ 8 then play a song load a load b .... then i put it on search and type the name of a song and then push arrow up and arrow down to look for song i search .............. then virtual dj crash and dont respond .... Big PROBLEM on Mac ..beacause on my PC dont happend this ...on PC its OK...

2.- On My numark NS7 II i turn off my motor wheel and the audio stacks for i little frame and then continue ....please help fixing this this please

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)