Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Numark Mixdeck Quad

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

joolsmPRO InfinityMember since 2013
For some reason the mapping keeps stopping on the v8 and mixdeck quad, it seems that it all works then when i start to use loop in/out and reloop, then try and use the volume/gain/treble/mid/bass they do not respond, nothing seems to work until i restart.
although the cross fader and effects still sem to work....
using a macbook pro, brand new and mixdeck quad.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 8:11 am
I won't have time today but I can setup my Quad tomorrow and see if I can help.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 8:51 am
Thanks I have tried with version 7.4 it's rock steady I also have a macbook Air as well as the mac book pro tried all 4 config ie 7.4 on both is steady but v8 on both same issue

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 9:14 am
When I connect my Mixdeck quad, the faders stop responding as soon as I load songs.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:23 am
if i tag tunes from ext h/d with vdj8 will they show up on my pc and my laptop with vdj8 on them

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 3:30 pm
djgregmack wrote :
When I connect my Mixdeck quad, the faders stop responding as soon as I load songs.

I'm having the same issue with my Numark Mixdeck Quad and Virtual DJ 8. All the mapping seems to be working, until I load a song or video, then the volume faders stop responding until I restart Virtual.

HP ProBook
Intel i5

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 4:49 pm
VDJ 8 is huge improvement when it comes to sound quality, though I'm having issues using 8 with my Numark Mixdeck Quad.

1. None of the volume faders, gain knobs or eq knobs respond to the Numark Mixdeck Midi controller.
2. The volume faders seem to work before a song is loaded, then they stop responding.
3. Not sure what settings to use in VDJ 8s settings or if I should be running the Mixdeck Quad in PGM/CUE mode or USB1/USB2 mode as the switch indicates on the back of the Mixdeck Quad

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 5:06 pm
Has anyone from Atomix actually looked at this post, has the mapping been sorted now it is on general release.
Not impressed with the customer service !!!!!

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 4:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Mapper files for the Numark Mixdeck Quad have been updated. Please let the software get updated and try with builds ending at .658 or leter

If you still get any issues please report again.

thank you

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 5:33 am
Updated vdj8 on 5/26 and the mapping on mixdeck quad still stops after the first song is loaded. :(

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 8:07 pm
Uninstalled, then reinstalled & updated virtual dj 8. Now the faders do not work at all. Cross fader works, though.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 7:17 am
Okay the mapping was fixed and working perfectly for the Mixdeck Quad until the latest update (Ver. 1834.680). Now the crossfader does not slide fully, only to 5% on the left side and like 80% on the right when I use the midi crossfader.

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 1:53 am
Slimfams wrote :
Okay the mapping was fixed and working perfectly for the Mixdeck Quad until the latest update (Ver. 1834.680). Now the crossfader does not slide fully, only to 5% on the left side and like 80% on the right when I use the midi crossfader.

I found a solution to my crossfader issue on the Numark Mixdeck Quad. It was an issue with the physical crossfader and not VDJ software.

Posted Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 8:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)