Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: deleting a sample

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

found out the hard way if you delete a sample you recorded from the sample bank WHILE ITS PLAYING it will keep playing until you close VDJ.

yeah I know normally you wouldn't do this but its after 4 am and my brain is kinda spacey after staring at the milkdrop visualization for the last 20 minutes...

we might need a small safeguard to prevent this.
the sample not stopping.
not the visualization trance.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 4:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is a safety there. If the sample plays and right-click to remove it will stop playing.
apparently you have removed it from the songs List.
Not sure if we can prevent this. Will report and see what the Team has to say.

Edit..hmm cant really reproduce your steps.. what exactly did you do..what kind of a file was that, and where did you removed it from ?

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 4:19 am
play a track, then record a looped sample from it - start playing sample loop from sample bank then while its playing right click to delete and it keeps going but shows as deleted and isn't showing in any of the sample categories

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 4:43 am
Yeah, I commented on this in another thread (re the same flaw).

It even continues playing if you delete the "deleted" file from the Recycle bin!

I guess this is to do with the samples not being audio any more, but "data descriptors" - which means that you're only really deleting a shortcut to the file, not the file itself or a genuine recording of said file.

It does need to be addressed.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)