Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: sampler volume not saving and animated logo its flipped

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i still cant find how to store the samplers volume, how to avtivate the scroll text pluggin, and the logo+ amimated its flipped.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 10:24 pm
Lots of V7 plugins - especially video ones need to be re-done for version 8.
You will just have to be patient until the developers have time to do them.

The sampler volume issue does appear to be a bug - i'll report it.
Thanks for letting us know.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 10:33 pm
In response to the sampler volume.

This is by design. The volume will also reset when switching sampler banks also.

The solution is to adjust the gain in the sample editor. This then locks that change to that sample

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
That is correct. Consider the samples as individual decks. You get all volumes at 100% on launch and you expect all decks and samples to sound equally when using them. So just like the tracks you load on the decks, they all need to have the same gain.
For now you will need to adjust the Gains of your samples (from the Sample Editor) so that they sound equally to the others and your tracks and use the Volumes just like the decks.
also keep in mind that VirtualDj now offers you the ability to either control the volume of each sample individually or with a single fader if these are grouped (actions sampler_volume and sampler_volume_nogroup).

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:47 pm
It's a shame that the volumes you've set don't get saved, but if you can control the volume of the whole sampler output then that's a good thing.

It would be good to have the facility of an FX insert point between the sampler output & mixer, so that a compressor could be used to even out the individual pad volumes.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:57 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djsampamix wrote :
how to avtivate the scroll text pluggin, and the logo+ amimated its flipped.

ScrollText is not v8 compatible at this time and v8 has built in logo capabilities :)

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 6:05 pm
Hi there. Just adjusted the gain of my samples via sample editor.

After saving the changes, a copy of the samples shows up in the browser list AND (which ist really ugly) the changed sample(but not every) is more or less corrupted!

It will play if selected, but some samples loose sound within, some stop in advance... Seems as if the sample editor is still buggy (or something i can not think about)

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 7:23 am
FalkR1979 wrote :
a copy of the samples shows up in the browser list

Yes, it saves it as a vdjsample (OGG format) - not back to the original file.

On one hand it's good because your original file is untouched. On the other, you end up with duplicates of everything.

The sampler seems to (still) be designed around taking samples from decks rather than using your own library.

By the way djdad:
djdad wrote :
Consider the samples as individual decks.

The decks don't reset their volume when you load a new track.

If I load a track to a deck, lower the fader to half way, then load another track to the same deck, the fader does not jump back up to 100%.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 9:18 am
Well, then something went wrong while saving the vdjsample-files... Let's have another try...

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 9:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)