Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Hercules RMX's EQ's not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hercules RMX not working correctly...also EQ's kill switches and scratch button dont light up,neither those the Djc buttons..can someone update a fix for this in 4 deck mode? (RMX v.1& VDJ 8 script)...if is a new script,post it.we need it...thnx

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 7:37 pm
I don't believe the EQ_Kill buttons on the RMX ever lit up (they don't have lights). When you first plug in the RMX, you will see every light blink a few times, the kill buttons don't blink.

On my old VDJ7 Skin, I had an indicator on the skin that would light up when the EQ_Kill buttons were turned on. Since the default v8 skin does not have anything to indicate when they are on, I decided to remap them so that they drop the EQ knobs to 0% instead. That DOES show up on the skin (Knob turns and highlight ring around the knob lights up)

<map value="EQ_KILL_HIGH" action="eq_high 0% ? eq_high 50% : eq_high 0%" />
<map value="EQ_KILL_MID" action="eq_mid 0% ? eq_mid 50% : eq_mid 0%" />
<map value="EQ_KILL_LOW" action="eq_low 0% ? eq_low 50% : eq_low 0%" />

The only caveat is that when you return from EQ_Kill, it will return to 50% regardless where the knob was before you hit the EQ_Kill button. Maybe one of the better VDJscript programmers on here knows a trick to get them to return to the current Controller knob position instead.

My RMX seems to be working correctly (for the most part) with 4 decks.

The only issues I have found are the Source button is not cycling correctly through Line 1 and Line 2 (known bug that I think will be fixed in next update)
I'm having some issues with FX_select (partly due to name changes, partly due to some buggy behavior)
I also had the PFL button set up to blink when the deck was in Automix. Apparently, now the way Automix works, it was blinking BOTH decks.

I have a fairly customized mapper file for the RMX. most of it transferred seamlessly from v7. I can post it up here if you'd like, although some of the buttons for audio and video FX are still a work in progress due to the upgrade.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 8:32 pm
that figures..recently the RMX did an bios update.some program that downloaded from the Hercules site when i went to get the drivers update.the whole proccess calls for you to hold down the mic button as it flashes the new bios.it did not confirm that the bios were flashed properly.but I will check with vdj 7...as I believe the EQ's were working last time I tried.but with vdj8 the knobs on the screen just move but I dont hear the EQ change in sound..when we install version 8 of vdj..it borrows the folders used with vdj 7 (your previous setup).that means the mapping as well.but its no longer the same system.you better check on that.that is if you are using the RMX in "4 deck swap mode".not a stock mapping....thanks for the info though..anyone else?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 11:01 pm
I also have the latest firmware on the RMX. Te EQ knobs work fine on mine. The actual equalization (audio change) is done by the app, not by the controller. I remember there were a few settings in the app (settings-options-audio) regarding hearing EQ changes through the headphones and stuff, so maybe double check those.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:05 am
I have this same issue, when turning the Bass, Medium and Treble, I see that in VDJ they turn but there is no audible difference, so even playing with no bass, I would still hear the bass full.

Furthermore the Kill is not doing anything. I just upgraded about 3 hours ago, was reconfiguring the other part and now when I got to this part I noticed that EQ is not doing anything.

So how to fix this?

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 5:49 pm
Okay, got the EQ to work, but even when lowering the bass, medium and Treble completely, you still hear the music, the same with the kill buttons. It lowers it a bit, but it is actually to loud, kill means kill and I should not hear anything.

I de-installed VDJ completely and reinstalled it, but you still hear music even after these buttons are lowered or killed.

So, why is VDJ 8 not using the RMX settings? These should be in the default settings, as it sees the RMX, so why use strange settings?

How can I remove the extra feature that I still hear the music from the deck which has been EQ killed, it is very annoying.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 7:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
This is now the default behavior of the EQ. If you need the old behavior back, change the setting EQMode to Full Kill from Config->Options

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 7:09 pm
Thanx DJdad, it is 2:20 in the morning here and I am still fighting with it, I de-installed VDJ after I had configured it completely with all my genres and effects, assigned samples to the buttons, but as I de-installed it, I deleted as well the mapper as I thought it was faulty, so this means tomorrow I can do all that all over again.

Good, that the Kill is now really a kill.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 7:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)