Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: DDJ SX gain zooms or decreases waveform?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys,

Got a SX today and trying it with VDJ8, strange thing is when I adjust the gain on any channel it either zooms in or out of the waveform. Is this a bug or can it be turned off as if you turn the gain right down the waveform virtually is impossible to see.

Cheers John.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:51 pm
It's supposed to do that, so it's not a bug.

The idea is to visually reflect what's happening audibly.

No it can't be turned off (AFAIK) but not every waveform view does it. Depends which one(s) you're using.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 7:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you need to play all your tracks with a very low Gain .e.g. -6db and still want to see the scratchwaves having the normal height, then try to change the zeroDB setting to a lower value. I think it will work.
Other than that, yes as stated above, this is a default behavior and cant be changed/disabled.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 1:28 am
I understand why this is default behaviour but I would like to see in future updates that able to be disabled if the user wishes.... If I have a loud track and gain it down you can hardly see the waveform. There small enough anyway as it is. Could do with being bigger even after mouse zoom all way in, what makes it harder is when you gain up to match source level and wave isn't big enough you gain a tiny bit more and the limiter is then activated.....

Not ranting just expressing my view.... O:)

John

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:25 pm
So what we need is a MaximiseWaveformDisplay option....

Where's Dan? He loves options!

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I would suggest to have the AutoGain setting set to Auto instead of Auto+remember.
That way VirtualDj will always bring the level of the song at zero db and the scratchwave to its normal height. From that point you could use the gain on your mixer/controller to adjust the Gains a bit, even though it shouldnt be necessary.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)