Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: 'Brake' speed

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I want to use the custom knobs to adjust the 'Brake' speed. The variable is rampStopSpeed but I don't know the command to change it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 9:06 am
can map settings/options, so for setting 'rampStopTime' :

for a button for example : setting 'rampStopTime' +0.1 (adjust the number sensitivity )

for a slider/knob just setting 'rampStopTime'
or for a wide range knob something like : param_multiply 300% & setting 'rampStopTime'

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 9:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Brake speed ?
then you probably need the action .. brakespeed

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 9:15 am
for this use, brakespeed better true.. example brakespeed 200%
above example to show you can map settings/options also

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 9:20 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
can map settings/options, so for setting 'rampStopTime' :

for a button for example : setting 'rampStopTime' +0.1 (adjust the number sensitivity )

for a slider/knob just setting 'rampStopTime'
or for a wide range knob something like : param_multiply 300% & setting 'rampStopTime'

I've mapped my custom knob to "brakespeed" but I find it very difficult to use because the knob becomes too sensitive. A small increment in the knob creates a large increase in the brake time. I've tried what you suggested as well as param_multiply 300% & brakespeed. But now the knob is stuck and doesnt move at all.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 10:16 am

but better to use brakespeed action .. at least easier

for a knob simply enter the action brakespeed- nothing more.. shouldnt be too sensitive.. works fine here

rampStopTime can be less sensitive if you prefer that, try simply setting 'rampStopTime' at the knob - that will give a knob that adjust brakespeed from 0 to 1 seconds at max.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 10:38 am
or if you want to fine tune this to own liking you could perhaps use buttons also

setting 'rampStopTime' +0.5 (increases by half a second)
setting 'rampStopTime' -0.5 (decreses by half a second)

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 11:02 am
I've tried setting 'rampstoptime'. I think this is better, but I would like to increase the range a little. I tried using param_multiply 300% & setting 'rampstoptime' but it does not seem to work for custom buttons. Sorry for being difficult. If it can't be done I'll just live with it. Also, are there any other fundamental differences between rampstoptime and brakespeed?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 11:11 am
yeah i tested here, the multiply didn't work for the setting i see..

it works good in my button example, for a knob, i'll test a bit more, i'm sure there is a way ;) hehe

shouldnt be any fundamental differences no, its just the spin down time for the song, like old vinyl turntables..

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 11:14 am
Thanks buddy!

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 12:17 pm
One problem that I have noticed is when you use the rampStopTime parameter and the deck is slowing down, you can't stop it by touching the jog wheel, you have to wait until the song is stopped. I would like VDJ to act like a turntable ie, when you press the play/stop button, the deck slows down (adjustable with a brake knob) but when you touch the jog wheel the deck stops and is in scratch mode. Is this possible?

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:02 am
I've just tried the 'brakespeed' parameter and at it's minimum setting it's far to long. How can I modify this please?

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 11:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)