Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Some findings after quick testing on vdj8 with Numark N4 controller (01)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rpradoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Would like to say Thank You to VDJ team for your hard work!

I eagerly downloaded and installed v8 for testing on May 12. I have tested about 1 and half hour.
Most of the time I was struggling with the settings to make it work for me.
Like at first the sound cracked a lot and the movements of all the controls lags, after struggling with the advanced settings, I found 'latency' and set it right.

The sound system seems to have improved a lot.

Here are some findings and questions to share:

1) Nothing happen with Pitch slider movement on N4. This is fatal, I can't use vdj8 for production.
2) Recording to MP3 settings are not in Bitrate (320k, 192k, 160k, etc) but quality (High, Mid, Low). I want to set bitrate.
3) In previous versions, I love the Wait List under the Browser sharing exactly the Same Columns. In v8 I couldn't find it anymore, I don't want waitlist in the side box.

4) Should I need to logon in order to use vdj8 everytime (or only the first time after installation) ?
I really don't need and don't want my laptop to use (or being used) by Internet during my gig.

Once again, thank you VDJ team.

Best Regards,

Richard Prado Artimix

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:49 am
rprado wrote :

2) Recording to MP3 settings are not in Bitrate (320k, 192k, 160k, etc) but quality (High, Mid, Low). I want to set bitrate.
3) In previous versions, I love the Wait List under the Browser sharing exactly the Same Columns. In v8 I couldn't find it anymore, I don't want waitlist in the side box.

I agree about the bitrates, and I already mentioned it to Atomix. I also suggested that the choices should be available on the record window, not only in config options.

It is possible to set the sidelist to the previous location. There is an option in config (showhorizontalsidelist) but it does require VDJ to be restarted before you see it.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 5:23 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
rprado wrote :

1) Nothing happen with Pitch slider movement on N4. This is fatal, I can't use vdj8 for production.

Actually i was on Teamviewer with a N4 user last night and everything was working great. Keep in mind that if the autoBPM setting is set to yes, then the songs that you load on the decks will try to match with the BPM of the other deck. If that happens then you will notice a grey "ghost" fader on the pitch slider which represents the position that your actual pitch slider has. Simply move the slider of yoru N4 to "catch" the software one in order to re-gain control or disable the above setting.
rprado wrote :

Even though the used names are explained in the Manual, and the terms low, mid, high are more "user-friendly", i would have no objection to see the values there or maybe both. Its up to the Team.

rprado wrote :

If you still need the Sidelist on thebottom of the Songs list like it was in version 7, change the showHorizontalSidelist setting to yes

rprado wrote :

4) Should I need to logon in order to use vdj8 everytime (or only the first time after installation) ?
I really don't need and don't want my laptop to use (or being used) by Internet during my gig.

As long as you are using a single computer, you will need to login only once. If you login from another computer, you will have to login again to the first one in case this is under an Internet connection.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 5:32 am
Thanks groovindj and djdad for your prompt reply.

I will try those tonight.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Richard

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 5:40 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
My bad, the pitch slider indeed had a bug, will be fixed.

Edit ..fixed in builds ending at .632 or higher

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 5:43 am
Thanks.

Oh talking about the "grey ghost", that reminds me :
5) The vertical faders reset to 100% when initiate and every time a new song is loaded , I have to move the physical fader on N4 to 100% and carry back the logical fader when starting and everytime after loading a song.
Is there a setting to set it back as previous versions, that is, when the vertical fader is 90%, after loading a new song, the vertical faders don't move and still in 90%. Or simply, the logical faders Always in sync with physical faders position.

Thanks again.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 5:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)