Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Using VDJ8 with external Mixer - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi groovindj,

Thanks for your comment. I almost always use mine in MIDILOG mode. However, VDJ8 seems to think otherwise and the sandbox button is invisible in 4 deck mode. I can change the settings in the audio config box and set it to 2 deck sandbox is then visible but I can't seem to work out the correct settings. I'm not in front of the equipment at the moment but will try it again at the weekend. If you or anyone else knows how to get this set up to work please post here.

Thanks,

Peter

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 9:32 am
I think maybe it only works on a "master & headphones" setup.

E&OE

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 9:39 am
Okay guys, back to my post. Sandbox has nothing to do with this thread.

I found out that the VU meter on top will be removed from the view, if I change sound output to external mixer. Thats comprehensible and no bug :-)

Deck assignment should default to 3,1,2,4 as its also defined in ONINIT.

And still my question about the volume faders and crossfader fake commands. In my opinion they should only move but not affect the sound, becuase their function in VDJ can differ from the mixer.

What do you think?

Regards, Christian

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 11:54 am
I've been using my VMS4 today, during answering a question for another user - and noticed that the mixer mapping seems very mixed up.

I didn't have a look at the mapping though.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:13 pm
I compared it with VDJ 7:

In VDJ 7 volume fader and crossfader does not affect sound, in VDJ 8 it does. So this seems be wrong.

Regards, Christian

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)