Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Stanton djc.4 asio sound output is scratchy and poppy

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm using an hp envy 6 with i7 processor 8gb ram 128gb ssd, 1tb hdd, and 2tb external hdd. Abd nvidia graphics card.
My native instruments audio 2 asio is fine.
Onboard sound fine.
Djc4 asio is crap.... poppy, scratchy, totally unusable.
When I'm in a live gig I want to be confident the sound is the best it can be.
I don't want to have to use the external sound card when the djc4 has one.
But I can not be confident at this stage to use it.
Is there a setting I'm missing?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:15 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Does the DJC4 offer ASIO drivers ? If so, is there a Control Panel to select a higher latency ?
Do you have the same issues with version 7 as well ?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 12:14 am
yes the djc4 does come with asio drivers and i have downloaded and installed the latest version. Yes I had identified this as an issue with 7 as well, as a result i was waiting for 8 to come out so i could dispense with the need for a second external sound card....

DJDad I'm hoping there is is an easy fix whether its a simple setting or whatever...

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 1:57 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Does the Stanton ASIO drivers offer a Control panel to adjust the latency ? Click on the ASIO small button you will find right next to the Stanton ASIO driver in the CONFIG->Audio setup tab.
If not, try to change the setting latency (in CONFIG->Options) from Auto(value) to a higher one. e.g. if its set to Auto (512) set it to 1024 or even 2048 and see if that improves anything.
Try also to turn off UltraLatency setting from CONFIG->Options
Other than that, you still need of course to make sure your computer is well optimized... http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20PC%20Performance%20Issues.html

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 2:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)