Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 and DDJ-SX Not working properly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djsalviPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ddj-sx is not being properly recognized. I have it set-up as:
Audio: speaker + headphones
Sound card: Pioneer ddj-sx
Controller: ddj-sx
Mapping: ddj-sx
Deck: auto

It partially works, what I can't get to work is the mixer sliders on the controller.

I rebooted my computer and controller, and tried everything I can think off. Still not working

Running on windows 7
dell xps
I just went back to VDJ7 and my controller works perfect, so it must have something to do with VDJ8

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Do you have any custom definition in the Devices folder ? If so , please remove it and re-launch.
Make sure you are using the default - factory mapping for your tests.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:08 pm
The only folders that I have in Devises are: controllers.dat and pioneer DDJ-SX mapping.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:46 pm
djsalvi wrote :
The only folders that I have in Devises are: controllers.dat and pioneer DDJ-SX mapping.

I've also noticed that when I reboot my computer VDJ resets controller to Keyboard...?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
In the /VirtualDJ/Devices folder, normally no file should exist (except from the controllers.dat). So if you have any files related to the DDJ-SX , please remove them (or move them to a safe place if you still need to use that for version 7)
In CONFIG->controllers tab, you should be able to see the Pioneer DDJ-SX (along with the keyboard etc) and from the right side (Mapping), please select the factory default one.

VirtualDJ does not reset any mapping. But by default the Keyboard is selected from the left-side (available devices). Each time a device from the left side is selected, you will see on the right-side (mapping) the selected mapping file (factory default or other name for custom ones)
If a device is selected from the left side, this doesnt mean of course that the other devices are not functional.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:12 pm
i am having the same issue.. I'm using a macbook pro & when i have my ddj sx running on 8 everything seems to work except for the volume sliders on deck one & the strip search on deck 2. any ideas would be great ..

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 12:25 pm

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 5:42 am
I have a DDJ-SX, and running Windows 8.1. Absolutely no problem with the controller here.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 9:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)