Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Record feature

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

While I'm loving VDJ8! If there was just one thing I would wish for is some kind a new video skin or plugin, with a simple record button that I didn't have to map myself. While the older version had that record tab, I did find it a little easier for me to access and use it! I don't want to have to go to the settings each time just to record my audio and video sets? Plus that tab can only be re-sized so much! My Idea would be to have a small little button with a timer and stop and pause! Just a consideration, or if you have a better way, I'm all ears?
Thank you once again Team Atomix!!!
:)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:18 pm
Meant to say that config window can be sized so much! ;)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:20 pm
its in the master tab at the mixer section of the default skin ;)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:22 pm
Can you please show me where? I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:29 pm

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:30 pm
If It was a snake it would have bite me! Thank you so very much for all your help! Now I can keep on enjoying this awesome new software again! Loving it every step of the way! Thank you again DJTouchDan!!!!!!!!!!! You da man! :)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:35 pm
Sorry DJTouchDan, but I should have been more specific! I'm looking to record my video sets not MP3's While it's a cool feature that I can actually record my music videos to MP3's. I was talking more in the lines of recording my music video mixes! Any Ideas on that? Thanks again! :)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:41 pm
Yep, just change your settings:

Then the buttons on the Master panel will record using which ever video codec you choose.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:43 pm
I'm using this already? I choosed the MP4 and It does record my video! All I was say if they might put on a skin or a button in the future, so you wouldn't have to record from the config window each time? Just a thought! Thanks again :)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:56 pm
Can be done now if you know how to add buttons to a skin?

setting 'recordFormat' mp3
setting 'recordFormat' mp4

On a custom button - you can use this to toggle between them:
setting 'recordFormat' mp4 ? on & setting 'recordFormat' mp3 : setting 'recordFormat' mp4

When the button is lit it is on mp4 recording. When the button is off then it's mp3. :-)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:05 pm
can even use the custom buttons in skin :)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:07 pm
lol

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:09 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Action : setting 'recordFormat' 'mp3' sets the recorded filetype to mp3
action : setting 'recordFormat' 'mp4' sets the recorded filetype to mp4
action : setting 'recordFormat' 'mp3' ? setting 'recordFormat' 'mp4' : setting 'recordFormat' 'mp3' toggles between the mp3 and mp4 recording filetype
action : record starts/stops recording
action : record_config opens the Record tab of Config
you will need however to visit the Settings at least once to set the filename and filepath of your recording.

Damn , someone is faster than me :)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:14 pm
Thanks!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)