Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: is there a way to make parts of the skin smaller? and remove unwanted sections?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

in the preview videos i saw someone moving and rezising the different sections of the default skin

how do i do this?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:29 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure what you mean with that. Can you point the video and the exact spot where this is shown ?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:31 am
From what info they've given us so far, you can't.

It has to be specifically written/designed into the skin.

Some of the skins shown/used in old demo videos are not available. Maybe they will come, maybe not.

So for example, the old browser zoom is no longer possible. You can't load an old skin or the default one and have that function.

Only if someone makes a skin with that ability, then it can be done - which of course restricts the user into only being able to use certain skins (maybe only one).

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:32 am
http://youtu.be/t_N6-BQ5ffA

here is the video, as can be seen here the effects controls are being used as a seperate module which can be moved around the place independently

what i want is to get rid of, or minimize some of those effects modules to make the skin simpler and create more room for the browser.
and for example. i dont need to see the turntable wheels and mixer so big on the screen. it just takes up browser space.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:37 am
You can do it with effects on the default skin. Look for the (tiny) push pin icon on the effects windows.

You can't resize them though. That's gone, oddly.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:40 am
sorry i dont see it... are you talking about the button that looks like ">>" ? this minimize and maximizes the individual effects, but the effect section takes up the same amount of space on the screen....

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:45 am
Click on the button to the right of where the effect is shown on the skin, so you get the pop up box.

Go to the effect required and click the grey gear icon on the right of the named effect.

When the window opens, there's a tiny icon that allows you to unpin the window and move it around the screen.

The effects don't look quite like this any more, but you can see the blue icon top right.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:48 am
Matty1000 wrote :
http://youtu.be/t_N6-BQ5ffA

here is the video, as can be seen here the effects controls are being used as a seperate module which can be moved around the place independently

what i want is to get rid of, or minimize some of those effects modules to make the skin simpler and create more room for the browser.
and for example. i dont need to see the turntable wheels and mixer so big on the screen. it just takes up browser space.

Can we have this skin please rather than the default one that they have given us. I need to be able to see the Sidelist and the Playlist at the same time and this skin allows this.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:52 am
i can move the drop down menu around, as it has one of those blue pins. but the effect module doesnt appear to have one.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:55 am
scrinson, try enabling the showHorizontalSideList option. You need to restart VDJ 8 afterwards, but it puts the sidelist where it used to be.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:56 am
oh wait, ok i figured it out....

it seems i can move around the individual effects. but not the effect section on the top rght of the screen.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:57 am
Ah no, you can't move the entire section. Maybe in other skins, or if they change the default one because of the complaints!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)