Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Milkdrop - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

now that was'nt so hard..was it?..;)....will check now....(Beam me up scotty )

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 2:28 pm
I'm sorry, but I can't get the Milkdrop working either.
Fresh install VDJ8 (next to 7) install milkdrop tha I just downloaded a minute ago.

Moved the milkdrop.dll to visualisation folder

in the config set the audiovideovisualisation (or somethng like that) to milkdrop.

Video screen does not respond. Normal music videos en sonique do work, but the Sonique is not in the visualisation folder...

When I boot VDJ8 no problem. When i click the milkdrop in the dropdown "video effect" Than I get a error that the plugin is not compatible :(

Windows 7 - 32 bit system

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 3:19 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I'll have to arrange a teamviewer with someone having this issue at some point as I'm unable to replicate on any of my machines.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 3:49 pm
just checked..nothing but the "this plugin seems to be incompatible with VDJ 8"popup....then it tags it as such in the plugins list!! Scott,I think its a V8 bug,...I've deleted the last installed milkdrop files...then re installed milkdrop...but nada....windows 7 premium 64 bit (as far as I know from that last install...meanwhile sonique/Gforce svp and many freeframes and other video plugins working...conclution? dont know.I'm stumped!

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 3:52 pm
SBDJ wrote :
I'll have to arrange a teamviewer with someone having this issue at some point as I'm unable to replicate on any of my machines.

I can give you a teamviewer session of you like ?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:01 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
.......milkdrop.dll and milkdrop are located in the Visualisations folder.......

....... to move the two files to visualisations.......

I have (or see) only one file "milkdrop.dll" to move to visualisations. And the preset folder is in the plugin folder.

Did I miss a file?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:27 pm
Nope.

I've just reuploaded the plugin with a couple of tweaks. Please redownload and retest.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:41 pm
Scott,mr SBDJ Sir....Tracker reporting for Duty :P...I'm on my Dell inspiron 1525 "Old Dog" (Learn all virtualDj tweaks with this one,he) and I'm happy to say that I installed VDJ 8 here for the first time,and with your first release (5/13/14) of milkdrop ..it is working!!!..so what now? download again (X6?) on the Alienware?..Hope it works,cause I'm worring its the nVidia SLI setups or something to do with the 64 bit windows reinstall I went through...do you have a dual video card setup to confirm?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:51 pm
Of course the mapping on my Hercules its incomplete.EQ's dont work,scratch button dont light up,EQ's cut buttons dont work either,and master volume nada...

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:56 pm
Yes, redownload on the problem machine and try it out.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:59 pm
OK,will do...but I've moved things around,hope this will just overlay on top?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 5:14 pm
Dang!..this time Avast interrupted the install...I reloaded yet again...didnt work.same error msg ;(...gonna delete it all ,and try again

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 5:36 pm

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 5:49 pm
sure...was gonna ask about what MS files are required again...

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:19 pm
Like I feel heeella silly :-s ha,ha...shoot..well I went to download those but they got eaten up...its working scott ! fixed!..(whew)...ok..now back to starting a mapper thread...thnx! ps we need the show logo updated.its the two things I leave running,the milk and the logo...ha!

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:47 pm
Scott! Show Logo + is working!.. but when you stop rotation ,if upsidedown ,will be upsidedown.wont default.have to stop it (by selecting "no Animation" ) at the right moment...

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:59 pm
Pfffffffffffff, why didn't I think out of the box?

SBDJ wrote :
At the risk of sounding silly, please make sure you have run this before trying to use the plugin:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=35

The only way I can get an incompatible error is if a dependency (D3DX9_43.dll) is missing or corrupt.

Downloaded the plugin again, installed and got the same error. After that installed the DirectX9 again.... Ow wait... not again... this is my backup laptop where I'm trying VDJ8...
#$%^& This one hasn't got the DirectX9 installed....

After installing DirectX9, Milkdrop works like a charm!

Thank you very much Scot for thinking out of the box :)

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 2:35 am
on SBDJ's behalf...you are welcome...

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:40 am
thetracker510 wrote :
Scott! Show Logo + is working!.. but when you stop rotation ,if upsidedown ,will be upsidedown.wont default.have to stop it (by selecting "no Animation" ) at the right moment...

hmm,seems to be ok now...wont show until you open the gui though...

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 6:58 am
With Milkdrop as visualisation I'm not able to change settings. I've got Milkdrop.dll and Milkdrop.ini put into the Visualisation folder. Changing the .ini-file doesn't seem to have any effect. If used as visualisation there's no GUI to change settings. Now the patterns change every 5 minutes. and I would like to shorten that. Any ideas?

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 6:59 am
25%