Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Pre-Listen at bottom of Browser

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is there ANY way to get that back at the bottom of the browser instead of in the "Info" list?

I really loved being able to easily listen (and it does not take up much real estate) to audio in cue without having to load it onto a deck. Now it seems in order to listen to "preview" one has to open up the info section, with Sideview always open and now Info just to have "preview" that eats up a lot of space.

Please give the option of enabling the preview at the bottom of the browser as it was in 7!!!

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:15 pm
There was a skin shown on Digital DJ Tips that had the pre-listen on the top horizontal edge of the browser (where's there's currently lots of empty space) along with most/all of the icons which are on the left side in the default skin (where they get squashed at low screen sizes or in skins with small browser space).

I do hope this skin becomes available for download.

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/vdj8_expo_screenshot-1.jpg

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:21 pm
JayMSY wrote :
Is there ANY way to get that back at the bottom of the browser instead of in the "Info" list?

I really loved being able to easily listen (and it does not take up much real estate) to audio in cue without having to load it onto a deck. Now it seems in order to listen to "preview" one has to open up the info section, with Sideview always open and now Info just to have "preview" that eats up a lot of space.

Please give the option of enabling the preview at the bottom of the browser as it was in 7!!!

Possible via skins ;)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:23 pm
That image is showing really big and off to the right in Firefox for some reason.

EDIT: made it a link instead

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:25 pm
It's fine on Chrome.

The website is still being tweaked so i wouldn't worry too much at the moment

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:27 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Yep its ok here but I think as reported its just this forum thats bugged. Most other pages preview nicely. As Dan said the site is being tweaked still and will be optimized for mobile browsers too.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:28 pm
Yea that pic groovin is throwing things WAY off.

Well here's another strange issue...I did have preview playing while the right deck was playing but now that I have the left deck playing I am getting NO sound out of preview/pre-listen!

Dan...i'm not a skinner. Just strange that they would move that somewhere else out of all places when it originally didn't take up hardly any space and was enable/disable-able!

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:28 pm
Homeboy: I'm using a nice large desktop monitor and I can't even see the "Edit" function after making a post.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:29 pm
Are you using FireFox?

This seems to be problematic at the moment. Maybe try Chrome until it is fixed.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:31 pm
Groovin took the picture off now it's fine...

Back to...

Well here's another strange issue...I did have preview playing while the right deck was playing but now that I have the left deck playing I am getting NO sound out of preview/pre-listen!

Dan...i'm not a skinner. Just strange that they would move that somewhere else out of all places when it originally didn't take up hardly any space and was enable/disable-able!

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:33 pm
So we just need to skin the prelisten to the bottom correct? Next to the searchbox would work too I think. :)

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 6:34 pm
I just programmed a button on my controller to "prelisten" so I can activate it by pushing the button without even having to expand the info tab.
You can also program a key on the keyboard (like spacebar).

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 8:31 pm
Yes my spacebar also has always been mapped as prelisten, however, the bar is needed to move through the track. Right now I have it barely open off to the right which makes it tight but it works. I have about 1/4" to scroll through the whole track.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 7:35 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Map a Custom knob as prelisten_pos
Map a custom button as prelisten
and you have the prelisten player on the default skin ;)

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 7:42 am
djdad wrote :
Map a Custom knob as prelisten_pos
Map a custom button as prelisten
and you have the prelisten player on the default skin ;)

ooohh! very sneaky sir! I love the open architecture/scripting of VDJ, blows Serato out of the water! Is Atomix Productions ever planning on going public? Awesome company. (I was a cracked user, now Pro with CU audio and video. Your approach of not trying to stop the cracks, but get it into as many hands as possible and offer a premium service, works!)

Topic: [SOLVED]

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 2:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)