Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Some videos play, while others do not

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys,
Thanks for the new version of virtual DJ! While I am learning the ins ad outs, I have noticed that some videos will play the actual video with audio, while others will only play the audio. Any idea as to why?
Regards,
e

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:38 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Could you please upload such a file on a server and post the link here ?
Is this file specific or random (same file may play video if you load it to a different deck for example) ?

Keep in mind the the audio files with linked videos will not play as video files in version 8. Those are deprecated, and you will need to overlay a video file using the video Editor. (please read the manual for further details)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:41 pm
Thanks for the quick response. Without breaking rules of the forum can you pm me a server that I can upload it to?

Basically I ripped all of my Promo Only DVD's to computer format. What I'll do is post on that server 2 videos from the same DVD, one that works, and one that doesn't.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I would suggest the safer. Dropbox. And if you dont want to share the link with other users, you can send the link to my email. babis@virtualdj.com

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:54 pm
ok Will do. I am on my way to a show right now so perhaps when I get home tonight. I'll also double check settings, etc and see if it can be resolved on my end first.

That said, great job on the new version VDJ team! Well worth the wait and I can't wait to dive deeper into what 8 can do!

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:45 pm
I sent the link to the address you gave, sorry it took a bit, I work waayyy to much haha.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 1:49 pm
***UPDATE***
It seems if I go to the video editor those videos will play, just not "live" I guess you can say. So in the editor I can see the video but when I load them into the decks only the audio will play.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 3:33 pm
*taps mic* "is this thing on?" Haha
But seriously is anyone out there experiencing this as well? The version 8 manual shows that in the video option in the config menu "videoUseDXVA", which enables hardware acceleration on the video card, but I don't have that option and I'm wondering why. I have that option in Version 7 ("enable hardware acceleration"). Am I missing something?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 10:14 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
First make sure you checked the "Advanced options" checkbox.

Next make sure that your system uses the stronger videocard if you have two.

Next thing, are these videos HD files?

If I'm using my internal intel HD 3000 chip and try to play HD video files, then I just get
a picture of the video, but it won't play. Sound is good though.
Doesn't happen with my stronger video card, and with non-HD files.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:59 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
dj e-rock wrote :
The version 8 manual shows that in the video option in the config menu "videoUseDXVA", which enables hardware acceleration on the video card, but I don't have that option and I'm wondering why.

Think this is something that has been changed after the manual has already being written. Can remember that tha dxva setting caused some issues too. As far as i know the problem how to assing the stronger card to video out is not finally solved yet....

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 4:10 am
Thanks for the reply guys. As far as I remember (I don't have the laptop in front of me at the moment) the assigned card was the ATI 3200 HD integrated card. The files aren't HD.

I noticed that video files sometimes play while the audio always plays... Usually 14 to 24 seconds after they start, the video will begin playing. Sometimes the video freezes, but the audio always keeps playing fine (no problems with the audio). I updated the Video drivers yesterday thinking that perhaps it was a driver issue, but I'm still experiencing problems. It couldn't be like a flash or Quicktime issue, could it? I know when I playing around with another software I had to update Quicktime to get it to behave correctly which is why I ask. Anyway thanks for your help.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 10:12 am
CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS????

I uploaded files to djdad but haven't hear anything back. Please help I want to gig out with the new sound engine but videos are playing shoddily at this point.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 7:52 pm
Video portion of the music video starts, on average, 24 seconds into the song. I've updated video drivers, directx...I cannot figur this out PLEASE someone if you are experiencing the same problem chime in here

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:53 pm
same problem some play ok some don't but audio is fine:(

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 3:15 pm
Join the long list of us, Having big issues with video cards, videos playing and not
Behaving how it did in V7.

I think Atomix is aware of the problems we are all experiencing with the video issues and are working hard on a FIX

It's not that easy to overcome the problem as then new technology in modern
Laptops / computers has changed quite a bit from the days the old 32bit version
up to 7.4.1 was written.

Problems they face...... 64bit OS / Mac OS, Some computers have shared graphic
cards / some don't, Plus a multitude of other problems which I'll not gointo. This won't be easy to sort out that's why it currently works for some people and not so well for others.

Having said that Audio side of things works FAB for most people.

We just have to be patient and let the Dev team try and sort it, Yeah it's frustrating by hey we can go back to V7 till such times they get it sorted out.

Remember it was a whole total re-write of new code, It was never gonna be plain sailing. Most softwares need tweaked before running all guns blazing. VDJ / Atomix is no different.

All we can do is report back our findings here on the forum, The more info they get back hopefully the better chance they got of fixing it.

It would be good if the V8 Forum was split up into sections..........

ie Video Problems, Sound Problems, Controller related, Plugins etc...... It's getting harder to follow and getting messer by the day.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 5:45 pm
I've gone back to using a 32bit Win7 laptop with only 1 video card as I experienced an irritating issue with a laptop running 64bit Win7 that has two video cards - the stronger card was the one that was causing the output video to be too dull so I disabled the stronger card within the BIOS and forced the laptop to use the weaker INTEL card - I found that V8 output works fine on the weaker card but I still had to download the "INTEL graphics media accelerator" for the intel card otherwise I experienced the glitchy output that these guys are experiencing. Mine are a mixture of MP4 HD, MP4 SD (these are the purchased ones from promo only downloads and xtendamix) - also in the past I had downloaded VOB files and converted them to AVI DivX HD - I have sound issues with the AVI DivX files that were ripped as these use the Dolby AC3 encodes as I believe that V8 ignores or doesn't do the greatest of jobs with regards the bass LFE frequencies (the latest V7 has the same issue - older V7 is better somehow?). It's all very technical I'm sure and I hope that Atomix can fix these niggles before they bring out V9!!!! Perhaps there needs to be guidelines/disclaimers for certain types of laptop/operating systems and ripped video files. I think that certain software companies publish a list of preferred hardware, maybe Atomix needs to endorse certain laptops and operating systems and we can all enjoy V8 without having to endure myriads of soul destroying issues.

Posted Thu 12 Feb 15 @ 12:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)