Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First Cue is chopping off the first beat - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
PhantomDeejay wrote :

In the next update (or an update after) a new action will be available that will allow you to shift all hotcues of a track together in order to place them on the right place at once.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 8:36 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
What would be easier? Batch update or just delete the 8 database and have it rebuild from 7?

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 10:36 am
Greetings,
I am also having a problem with this when I'm using my American Audio MXR 19 with 2 Pioneer CDJ's and Virtual Dj Timecodes. As soon as I load a "Bpm Scanned" song to either side of the decks, It seems to jump half or a quarter way through the song and I have to hit the back button on the cdj to move to the beginning of the track. But when I have done this it seems that VDJ 8 still does not load to the very beginning of the track and seems to miss parts of the track when it scans to either deck i loaded it to...there has even been empty spaces in between the track when I know the track is legit and I have played it with no problem in VDJ 7. Please look into this and if theres more info you need from me, let me know. Thanks, Eddie

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 1:55 pm
It looks like all the shifted cue's are exactly the same distance from the old queue's. I think this better gets repaired before releasing VDJ8 final. For us prerelease users it's already too late, have to adjust all my queue's.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 3:54 am
Hi I have a some questions. First the beat grid seems off and to the right of the downbeat tapping the N4 controller tap function button does nothing. Second the key lock function is a little crazy having the key lock on seems to make the vocal in a song one octave higher shutting it off its normal. Why are the things that worked so well in VJ7 changed to not work so good in VJ8. I thought this was the pride and glory of Virtual DJ. So far I'm not impressed and I've been a VDJ user for years.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:48 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
ewitles wrote :
What would be easier? Batch update or just delete the 8 database and have it rebuild from 7?

I agree...can we just uninstall and re-install to fix these....or do I have to manually change all my cues that are not showing up correctly....this could take a very long time.

I noticed in the update that a new action for moving all cues was added....how do I get this to work...do I need to add the action move all cues 3% for example to slowing move them one way or the other?

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 3:01 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I know this is a oldish thread and the reason why it has happened has been explained, also a fix of sorts has been given but I still feel it is unsatisfactory.
Given that 99% of cues will be on the beat why can't there be a batch 'snap hotcues to the beat' option, I'd rather have to deal with the minority of hotcues that are off beat manually and let the computer deal with this repetitive task.

furthermore this isn't just a whinge I have discovered how to set the down beat on the fly with a single press of a button, here is the script you need for doing just that while playing with no audiable effect (but you must have zero brake nor start ramp up time)
' pause & beat_tap & play '

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 6:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)