Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First Cue is chopping off the first beat - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Seems like all my first beat cues I made in VDJ7 show up in VDJ8 but they are showing up a little after the first beat.

Anyone else notice this??

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 9:22 pm
Smart cue, select yes, in config.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 9:23 pm
I already had that setting set as YES.
and even with that on it is still setting the cue just past the first beat

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 9:32 pm
I think you need smart cue off. (try it)

I think Smart_cue snaps directly to the beat. so if you cue was fractionally prior then it will be off.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 9:35 pm
Still can't figure out my cue issue

Cues were made in 7...when i open the files they are all off to the right just after the first beat

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:52 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Same issue too. it also happens when there is NO hot cue 1. I haven't messed with the smart cue settings yet so that may fix it for me.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:01 am
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The same problem.

Original Cue in VDJ 7:

and the same part of track in VDJ 8:

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:32 am
0rafa0PRO InfinityMember since 2012
me too same problem

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:37 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I asked the same question, it seems that in VDJ 7 gridbar is exactly under the waveform peak but in VDJ8 the peak is on the left edge of the grid bar. So it looks like that it's a bit off. That is quite annoying. Especially I know that when I analyze a track and fine nudge the beatgrid I probably put the line exactly under the waverform peak because that is the way I used to do on VDJ7. And then when I beat mix a song that is analyzed in VDJ 7 (which looks a bit off) and another song that is manually set by me in VDJ8 (which I have put accidentally same say as I used to in VDJ 7), beatmix does not match.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:40 am
Grid is OK, but saved CUE from VDJ 7 is moved after the beat in VDJ 8.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:45 am
So guys what we have to do? Anyone expert?? All cues from v7 is a little bit front of the beat.this is a problem and we have to solved it.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 1:02 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Thats the new way V8 works.
In v7 the Cue was centerd to the CBG box.
In v8 the Cue is at the left edge of the CBG.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:29 am
for PachN:

Cue was manually saved in VDJ7 exactly on the beat: (red mark)

And now (imported to the VDJ8) is moved: (red line)

CBG box (grid) has nothing to do with it.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:13 am
In version 7 there was a bug on the mp3 decoder that's fixed now.
This bug was causing random wrong silence detection on the start of the songs, and as a result it was shifting the entire track.

In the next update (or an update after) a new action will be available that will allow you to shift all hotcues of a track together in order to place them on the right place at once.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:19 am
If the bug is in 7 why do they line up perfectly in 7 and are off on 8

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:13 am
Because in 7 each file was affected the same each time you loaded the track. However the offset time is different for each file, and also it does not happen on all files (otherwise we would have taken this into consideration when we convert your HC points)

Some users have a lot of files affected, others have less, some users have none.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:28 am
I can report the same. However, sometimes at loading the complete track, the cue seems to be magically in place again. Is there some reanalysis of the files going on?

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:56 am
Noticed this last night too. I'd say about 80% of my HC's are shifted a little after the beat of where I originally had them in 7. It's annoying because I have a lot of my HC's labeled as actions (loop 4, use effect, mix out, etc). So if they are off in V8, then it throws off what I need to do when mixing.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 7:14 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
TonioRoffo wrote :
I can report the same. However, sometimes at loading the complete track, the cue seems to be magically in place again. Is there some reanalysis of the files going on?

If v8 sees/ loads the track for the first time, yes, they are reanalized.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 7:19 am
Do we have a chance to hope that they will fix this?because its not right th3 cu3 after thebeat. Its totally wrong!

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 8:08 am
74%